Saturday 12 October 2019

EOTD: Ring The Alarm, by Morphe/Jaclyn Hill.

For this autumnal/Halloween look, I decided to try again with a palette that I wasn't keen on, in the hope that different primer, a different technique and different brushes, will make a difference on my overall opinions of the palette...




I was thinking of the fallen leaves on pathways when trick or treating as a child, when it came to the shade selections for today's look.

I do this 3-shade blend quite a lot in my regular life, so made it feel a bit new and different by taking the shades a bit higher and wider around my upper eyes, and then taking the shades around my lower lashes too. 



My opinions on this palette haven't changed; the shadow formulas are so soft, that the shades muddy and bleed together.  I used a different brush for every shade (yes - they were clean), but can you even tell that three shades were used & that two of them are orange tones?! 


I didn't get rid of this palette during my declutter because I think of The Vault as a set & I didn't want to separate the palettes in it, but I'll have to rethink that stance on the next declutter, as I don't enjoy using my Ring The Alarm & I've never been impressed by my looks whenever I've used it - my palette is from the ill-fated Vault relaunch though, so if you bought the palette now, then the formula should have been improved upon.





My review, swatches and original look suggestions for the Ring The Alarm palette are here.


The Ring The Alarm palette costs £15 and is available on Morphe UKCult BeautySelfridges and Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment