Tuesday 1 October 2019

Speedy review... Haunted House eyeshadow palette, by Revolution.

I've bought Revolution's Halloween eyeshadow palettes for the past two years,  when they get reduced for clearance in November (there had been no point reviewing them after Halloween) and didn't like them; the shadows were dry and under pigmented and I gave them to my younger nieces to play dress-up with.


This year they have a glitter palette, two Chocolate Bar palettes and two tin ones - and my inner horror-loving teen needed one of them, solely based on the packaging and shade names. As the tin packaging is new for this year, I picked one of them in the hope that the new packaging means that they have new formulas...










Yes - the formula this year is much nicer in comparison to the other Halloween ones I've tried by Revolution [I can't even remember the names of the palettes now]. I do find the eyeshadows in their collaboration line creamier, but the formulas here are still nice for the low price - I find that the formulas feel and perform the same as the Chocolate Bars ones do. Te shadows wear all day without fading, but they will crease slightly around the 7 hour mark, if you don't use primer or use concealer as a base.



The metallic purple shade [Phobia] is the only shade that I outright dislike in the palette, as it takes a fair amount of building & foiling, yet still manages to become lost if placed next to any other shimmer and the matte plum [Survival] is dry too - both problems are common with  purples in general though, so it's not surprising with shadows in this price range.



I don't enjoy the shadow formulas as much as I enjoy the ones in the brand's collaboration line,  but these formulas are still mostly good, and for the low price & collectabilty factor, I don't feel that I can complain too much. The colour story is fantastic; nice grungy neutrals with a few pops of colour, that can be dressed up or down and all be worn outside of October.

The Haunted House palette is £10 and can be bought on Revolution Beauty and Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment