Monday 14 October 2019

EOTD: Revolution x Soph

I wanted to retry the envisioned look I had in mind on my previous post, as I had liked the image I'd had in my head, but I was really frustrated at how it had turned out...

I again used a palette I'm not keen on for my attempt at the recreation - I'm trying to get more use out of my freshly trimmed down collection, so I want to see if different products makes this work better.



 I used similar tones to the ones I'd used here, for the 'autumnal leaves' feel I've previously talked about. I'm not overly keen on this palette and don't find the shadows too impressive, but I could work with them and really liked the finished look - it's just what I'd had in my mind the other day.




The blends and transitions aren't very tidy - the brown shade and the peachy shade both needed layering, so the pumpkin shade quickly became overwhelmed and the more I went back over them, the less neater and more undefined the transitions grew. I still think that the results look much nicer compared to the results of the Ring The Alarm palette. 

I'd previously used eyeshadow primers when using this palette, but this time I primed my eyes with concealer and I did find the shadows a bit easier to work with that way, so I'll have to try this palette again in the not-too-distant future- I'll focus on my least favourite shades in the palette and see if they work better with a concealer base.



My review/swatches/shade combo suggestions and where to buy links for the Soph xx eyeshadow palette are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment