Sunday 1 September 2019

Grab your glow sticks: Prerogative Rave edp, by Britney Spears.

"Daring. Energetic. Irresistible. Step into a world where everything provocative is pushed to the next level. Show your moves. Dance the night away. Live like there’s no tomorrow." 



Prerogative Rave is described as being "the new uninhibited fragrance for all", so I'm expecting something lively and unisex. The original Prerogative perfume surprised me with how unique it is among the Britney Spears fragrances, so will it's new flanker be able to follow in it's footsteps?




Prerogative Rave is all based around the woodsy notes on me, so I think that it's still a fairly unisex fragrance, but does lean towards the more traditionally feminine side with the freshly sweet fruit notes. I can't separate the mandarin or pear notes, they're one long sweet-but-fresh note. I like that these top notes mingle together with the sharper raspberry note, into one long note that leans more towards fresh then sweet on me.

All of the floral notes appear underdeveloped and watery/clean; so the only one I can place with any certainty is the lily - like the original Prerogative. Sometimes I can catch a hint of neroli, but it's very mild and comes and goes. The sandalwood is so strong that it is actually one of the first scent notes to develop on me. And as the watery floral mix fades, the cedar joins the sandalwood and overtakes everything else, except for a breeze of musk. 


The lasting power is a bit better than the past few Fantasy flankers and about equal to Prerogative - okay, but nothing great. After five hours or so, I struggle to get more then a brief whiff of raspberry and sandalwood. 

Official scent notes; fresh mandarin, William pear, juicy raspberry, red lily, dewy freesia, green jasmine, sandalwood, cedar accords, cashmeran and musk.

Prerogative Rave is nice enough for me to have picked up a small bottle for 'everyday' type wear - nice, but not as special & unique as I find Prerogative, so I doubt that I'll like it enough long-term to replace my bottle when I've finished my small one of this, unlike Prerogative [my review for the original Prerogative is here]. 
I think that if you enjoy the Britney Spears fragrance line in general, then you'll like this too, as the fresh/sweet fruits, soft florals and skin musk are similar to many releases in it; very wearable and largely seasonless. If you're looking for a gift for someone who wears any of the other Britney Spears perfumes this would be a safe choice. It's too mild to be disagreeable and isn't something that smells 'young' or 'old'.

I bought my bottle of Prerogative Rave in a Boots store [it's also online] - 30ml £23 and 100ml £40.


Places like Superdrug, The Fragrance Store, The Perfume Shop and Amazon will all begin to stock it very soon. Superdrug usually gets the 50ml bottles first.

No comments:

Post a Comment