Wednesday 18 September 2019

Will the sun shine out of this palette? Reviewing the Sunrise eyeshadow palette, by Natasha Denona...

I've been paying attention to Natasha Denona eyeshadow palettes ever since her first one was originally launched in the US. What can possibly make these shadows worth their price tags?!


I've almost given in to temptation and bought a palette a fair few times now, but the prices have always stopped me from making the commitment; the 5-pan strips are £41 and the palettes start at £82, with the ones that interest me the most coming in at £111 [Sunset & Lila] - oh, and we also have a nice one for £145, before finishing with the Big Daddies at £205. 

However, a few months ago, the brand released a 15-pan palette for £60. "What a bargain" my stupid brain exclaimed , and that was that - I was making my purchase. Have I just made an expensive mistake, or will this be a gateway drug?





Poppy (pinky red pearl), Citrine (light yellow matte), Phlox (warm red pearl), Awakening (peachy copper shimmer), Laurel (honey beige pearl)



Aster (pinky lilac shimmer), Glory (deep pink matte), Azalea (rust shimmer), Morgan (muted peachy orange matte), Agate (peachy gold metallic)


Clove (burgundy matte), Carnelian (mustard yellow matte), Jasper (orangey copper matte), Morning (peachy matte), Day Spring (bronze metallic)



Sunrise stood out for me as there's little in the palette that I'd consider as being 'standard neutrals', as it mostly focuses on shades of oranges, yellows and pink, that can be used as 'everyday' almost-neutrals, there are glitzy reds, lilac & various metal tones, and there is a dark burgundy option too.


The shadows all have great pigmentation; yet it's not harsh mega pigmentation in one swipe, rather it's a more buildable pigmentation. This brand stands out as the formulas of these shadows are insanely easy to blend and build up. There's no heavy shimmer/glitter that doesn't adhere to skin and goes everywhere, plus everything is crease & fade resistant. I've not had any issues with shades skipping or oxidizing. 




I've tried be critical of this brand as the prices are so high, but the formula really does perform to a extremely high standard - nothing else I used can match it for feel and ease-of-use. I can not single out any shade in the palette for not performing well, so do not have any serious criticisms for this palette. Very fun and poppy, yet also a very wearable and cohesive colour story. I very highly recommend this palette to anyone who wants to pick up autumnal 'falling leaves' tones AND who'll want to 'freshen' up their makeup looks for the spring/summer seasons. 

I'm actually now in the middle of a huge downsizing of my makeup collection, so that I can justify getting a Natasha Denona Sunset palette to myself, since Sunrise has wowed me so much; I'd bought some Reloaded & Chocolate Bar palettes from Revolution ready to review for a Christmas Stocking countdown,plus some palettes from Colourpop and some untouched palettes from last Christmas too, but have made myself donate them since I hadn't yet opened them. Phase 2 was me looking for the most lightly used stuff, to see why I hadn't used it much  and separate what could go to new homes. I'm now in phase 3, and will be going through the rest of my makeup collection, and separating the pieces that I truly enjoy. I have the final aim of giving away 2/3 of my collection to family and friends.


The Natasha Denona Sunrise eyeshadow palette is £60 from Feel UniqueCult Beauty  and Selfridges [it's not on their site yet, but one of theirstores was the first place that I saw it even existed].

No comments:

Post a Comment