Saturday 28 September 2019

What’s your Promise? [Reviewing Promise edp, by Jennifer Lopez]


We all make promises to ourselves and one another, they are meant to be forever’ Introducing PROMISE the new fragrance by Jennifer Lopez. Promise embodies everything she  stands for today, it’s the essence of a multifaceted and powerful woman. Jennifer invites us to make our own promises, to be better every day, no matter what stands in our way.  
What’s your Promise? 
I haven't paid much attention to the Jennifer Lopez line of perfumes for around four years or so now, as it seemed liked they stopped getting regular UK releases for a long while.  So it was pure chance that I noticed Promise in Boots recently and took another blind-buy gamble, since two stores I went to said that testers aren't yet available...

I lost the gamble last time, so will this one be a failure too?




The starring scent note in Promise is the sandalwood; not really a surprise, as Jennifer Lopez has said a few times that sandalwood is one of her favourite scent notes. 
The soft sugar water (I always call pear this) and occasional hints of raspberry compliment the creamy sandalwood note perfectly - such a smooth blend.

I really enjoy honeysuckle, which really compliments the jasmine, orris and sandalwood blend. I'm also quite sure that I can pick up on some magnolia - another favourite of mine.

There isn't much difference between the heart and base, as the sandalwood and creaminess is very consistent; the only noteable difference for me is a light undefined wood and sugared amber accord which develops around the four hour mark. The issue that could be considered as a downside to the fragrance is that it's quiet and dries down somewhere around six hours.

Official scent notes: Italian tangerine, pink berries & Nashi pear, orris, jasmine sambac & dewy honeysuckle, crystalised amber, sandalwood & cashmere woods.


A fabulous all-rounder, that I think is one of Jennifer Lopez's best fragrances since Still. Promise is Love & Glamour done right; being close to another fragrance means that Promise isn't original, but it is a lovely improvement on what was done earlier. Very smooth and elegant. I wouldn't call it a must-have, but I'll wearing my bottle very happily and if I see it on offer when my bottle is empty, then I'd definitely consider a repurchase. 

I think that Promises is an ageless fragrance, that is also seasonless and can be dressed up or down, day or night.


Promise is available in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles. It is easily found in the likes of Superdrug, Boots, The Perfume Shop, The Fragrance Store, and on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment