Friday 27 September 2019

A closer look at... Maybelline's FaceStudio Chrome Extreme Highlighter in Molten Gold.

Looking for the appearance of a £30 highlighter,  with a 'drugstore' price tag?


Today I want to share a find that my sister found and then passed on to me, as I've been looking for something that could maybe be a replacement for the-much-lusted-after ABH Amrezy highlighter...

Is this a contender?


Molten Gold is a universal golden champagne shade - I'm fair & neutral-toned, but it still looks good on me, which isn't that usual with gold shades. This shade does look extremely similar to the ABH Amrezy highlighter when on the cheeks [comparison post coming soon].




The highlighter has a light-reflecting pearl formula, not a regular shimmer/glitter one; it is finely milled, weightless and it doesn't migrate. When using the shade, I look straight-on into a mirror after application I can't see anything, but when I turn my head the powder catches the light and flash intensely. A perfect highlighter - it's not just sitting there as a strip of colour on my skin.




Like my favourite mid/low high priced highlighters, including Amrezy; when I apply my makeup in the morning, I'll find that this will last until I'm ready to remove my makeup in the evening. Very little fading over the day. Very comparable formula to Amrezy.
A 6.7g compact is £9, which I think is a great price, for such a fantastic formula.


Maybelline's Chrome Extreme highlighters are £8.99, and are available in BootsSuperdrug and some supermarkets & independent chemists that stock Maybelline

No comments:

Post a Comment