Friday 1 November 2019

Playing around again [reviewing Toy 2 edp, by Moschino]...

I bought the first Toy fragrance purely for the sake of owning the bottle and ended up really enjoying the actual fragrance too.

So Toy 2 had a lot to live up to when it was released earlier this year, other than just having a cute bottle. So after six months of wearing it in different seasons/weather conditions, it's time to find out if I think Toy 2 is worth placing underneath the Christmas trees of loved ones, or if you may just want to skip pass this fragrance...



Toy 2 opens with a sweet citrus and crisp apple mix; it's fresh and energizing, yet also juicy-sweet and soft. The floral notes in Toy 2 start to develop pretty quickly and I think that they are softer and more traditionally feminine, compared to the sharper, unisex blend in the first Toy fragrance - if you disliked/liked the first Toy fragrance will have no baring on if you'll enjoy Toy 2, since the fragrances are so different. 

The floral notes in Toy 2 are a powdery and gentle blend, starring the magnolia and what I think is orange blossom. As the lingering sweetness of the fruits and the soft powered floral notes begin to become creamier as the woody base notes develop and deepen the floral mix. 


I find Toy 2 to be quite a linear frarance, which will disappoint some people, but I've developed a thing for simpler fragrances, so I like this aspect of the blend. I find that Toy 2 wears for 8/9 hours on average and is fairly close to the skin. 

Official scent notes; mandarin orange, apple, magnolia, peony, white currant, jasmine, sandalwood, amberwood and musk. 



I enjoy the first Toy fragrance, but I love Toy 2; whilst the top and heart notes are fresh & clean, the base notes add some depth to the fragrance as they develop, making the fragrance seem a bit more on the dressier side the longer I wear it. Everything in Toy 2 makes a really enjoyable balance, as it is a highly wearable for every occasion, it is a seasonless, uncluttered & clean fragrance.

I find it highly unlikely that someone would find Toy 2 offensive/unpleasant, so think that it'd be a lovely-gift for someone who you know enjoys cleaner and/or softer fragrances, or someone who enjoys fragrances but suffers from migraines. 


I bought my bottle of Toy 2 in Boots. 
30ml bottle - £46
50ml - £66
100ml - £85 
The Boots-exclusive gift set - £85 [edp, shower gel, body lotion & charm]

I've also seen Toy 2 for sale
 in Selfridges, Debenhams, The Perfume Shop, The Fragrance Store and on the Superdrug site (it's also in selected independent fragrance sites and stores).

No comments:

Post a Comment