Sunday 10 November 2019

EOTD: the Lolita Por Vida eyeshadow palette, by Kat Von D Beauty.


Today I'm doing another "making the most out of the fact that my new-favourite eyeshadow palette is still for sale by sharing an EOTD look" post for the Lolita Por Vida palette. My last post with this palette showed a lighter look that's appropriate for more conservative settings, so I wanted to feature the palette in a post when I was feeling more experimental with my look, rather than repeat the same style with different shades. 


I'd been watching YouTube through my TV whilst doing my makeup and BeautBean did another one of her 'reverse smoky eye looks' and made it look so easy to do, that I wiped off my spotlight eye and immediately tried to recreate the technique she had just used...




For this look I'm showing my third attempt at the 'reverse smoky eye' style - I showed my first and second [4th look] attempts at this seemingly quick & easy look on this blog, so I might as well keep going and hope that I one day achieve some small level of success with it... 

That day is not today  - like last time,  I feel that I blended the deeper shades out a bit too much. I felt confident enough in the look to wear it in public, but still think it turned out 'blah'. I'll get comfortable with it enough,  to the point of going easier with the blending eventually. 




My review, swatches, other eye looks, and the where-to-buy link for Lolita Por Vida are on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment