Wednesday 20 November 2019

Shine bright like a diamond [Reviewing the Diamond Bomb II highlighter, by Fenty Beauty].

 "Glitz out from head to toe: This season, cult-favorite Diamond Bomb goes holographic pink with limited-edition Diamond Bomb II. Take your favorite iconic diamond-dusted look to the next level with this festive iridescent 3D shade that’ll leave your face and body looking veiled in peachy-pink crystals"


Today is the day; I'm reviewing a Fenty Beauty product that I like. It's a Christmas miracle!



Diamond Bomb II [aka Holo At Me] is a icy-with-a-pink-shift powder base, that is filled with a delicate ballet pink shimmer/mìcroglitter.

This is both a face and body highlighter, but I personally stick to using it as a cheek one, as it does transfer slightly [and being honest - insulin has caused weight gain, which has reduced my already-low body confidence, so I don't want to draw attention to bits I don't like]. 

It wears very well; so far I've worn it over half a dozen times, in different situations, and have found that it lasts for up to 11 hours once applied - even in wet weather conditions. This highlighter doesn't have anywhere near as much sparkle in comparison to other ones by the brand, which I'm loving as particles don't just loosely sit on top of my skin - I enjoy 
 a sparkly highlight now and then, but the Fenty ones don't seem to mix it into the formula enough for my tastes. 

[l - r] flash, no flash


 
[l - r] flash, no flash



I've not been wowed by any other Fenty highlighter I've tried, but since I do like this one, I think that if you're a big fan of the other highlighters that the brand has, then you may be underwhelmed with Diamond Bomb II. It's just different in formula compared to Diamond Bomb and the Killawatt highlighters; it's less of an I'M HERE intense glow and is less sparkly. 

In my opinion, this is so much nicer in comparison to the regular Diamond Bomb highlighter,  which I feel has too much shimmer and too little base - I never bothered reviewing the first Diamond Bomb on here,  as I felt like I was picking on the brand, as all of my reviews up until now had been leaning towards the negative side so I felt as though it would seem like I was trashing the brand on purpose [I've reviewed it on this page - user Malibumands], and I just forgot about it in all honesty.



The Diamond Bomb II highlighter is £30 and is available from Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment