Saturday 16 November 2019

Cherry picking [Reviewing the Naked Cherry eyeshadow palette, by Urban Decay].

If you've read a few of my other eyeshadow palette reviews, then you'll know that rosy tones are my favourites, so a palette focused around them is bound to grab my attention.


 Therefore it won't be a surprise that my top pick from Urban Decay's Naked line is last year's holiday release...





Hot Spot (ivory matte), Caution (soft neutral beige matte), Bang Bang (shimmering pink with gold shift and iridescent micro-sparkle), Feelz (soft dusty rose matte)




Juicy (soft warm peach), Turn On (pale metallic rose shimmer), Ambitious (metallic rose copper), Bing (deep mauve matte)



Devilish (reddish plum matte), Young Love (metallic cranberry), Drunk Dial (deep metallic burgundy), Privacy (deep brownish-plum matte)


There's not much to add that I didn't put in my Naked Heat review, as all three formulas apply smoothly, wear well and the colour doesn't fade. Actually, I found one difference; I do feel that the matte formula for Naked Cherry is more crease resistant in comparison to Naked Heat- I have deepset/hooded eyes, but I rarely experience any creasing when I wear these shadows - anywhere between 8 to 13 hours per day. The shimmers/metallics wear just as well as the mate formula does - no issues whatsoever. 



There's not one shade that I feel is a letdown; admittedly the shade Privacy feels a bit drier in comparison to the other shades, but I have no problems working with it and it wears just as well as all of the other shades. 






If you want berry tones of colour, but also want it to be soft, fairly neutral & very easy to wear, then Naked Cherry is the perfect palette for you. Most of the complaints I see/hear for this palette are that it's called cherry, but is muted shade-wise. D'oh; it's NAKED Cherry, Naked as in part of the brand's famous neutral line. Sorry to seem aggressive, but what did people really think was going to happen with a Naked palette?

I've just bought the Naked Honey palette and originally thought that I'd be able to make a three-part countdown for my Naked palettes and have this year's release as the closing part... Sorry.  I'm enjoying Naked Honey and will review it when I'm more familiar with all of the shades and formulas, but Naked Cherry is just calling to me more, so that's the one I keep finding myself reaching for.



The Naked Cherry palette costs £42 and is available on Urban DecayLook Fantastic, Feel UniqueDebenhams and Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment