Wednesday 13 November 2019

The Heat is on [Reviewing the Naked Heat eyeshadow palette, by Urban Decay].

I hadn't been going to bother reviewing Naked Heat here at all since there already hundreds of thousands of reviews out there, but enjoying Kat Von D Beauty's new Lolita Por Vida palette so much [also; finding old photos of when my palettes were new] has inspired me into taking a closer look at my favourite two Naked eyeshadow palettes from Urban Decay; I wanted to showcase another couple of  palettes with easily wearable & focused colour stories, with fantastic formulas and that aren't limited edition, so are readily available. 


Second place goes to the palette I think will make the perfect 'pretty but practical' makeup gift; a palette with a easily wearable colour story, that shades that someone can use every day and for any occasion...




Ounce (ivory shimmer), Chaser (light nude matte), Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte), Low Blow (brown matte)



Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift), He Devil (burnt red matte), Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red), Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer)



Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte), En Fuego (burgundy matte), Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte), Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)


This palette is a must own for lovers of warm-toned neutral shades; there's a selection here for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. I've had my palette for a long while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; night, day, subtle or dramatic. The shadows don't swatch well, but all of the shadows apply well to the eyes; they are finely grained, highly pigmented, apply creamily and are easy to blend. As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the wear is excellent; Urban Decay shadows are some of my favourites. The shimmer and shifty finishes are the best wearing; they wear all the way through my working day and beyond, even without using the primer potion - over twelve or so hours until I'm ready to remove them. The matte shadows also wear well without primer, although not quite as well as the other finishes - I do notice a few creases in my makeup at the end of the day. I do have deepset/hooded eyes though,  so that's something that almost always happens to me. 



I adore using the Naked Heat palette, but yes, these types of toasty neutral shades aren't particularly unique nowadays.  There's not any variety in the colour story, which can be seen both as a plus and as a negative; blending similar shades is extremely easy, but there aren't very many wildly different looks you can do with this palette alone.





As the product quality is so good, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer neutral shades pick up this palette. Most of us have to go to work and the majority of us work in places where we can't wear more colourful looks, so this neutrals-with-a-touch-of-colour eyeshadow palette is a great one to own for everyday use.

Naked Heat costs £42 and is sold through BootsDebenhamsFeel Unique, Look Fantastic , and Selfridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment