Saturday 25 October 2014

NOTD: Getting To Gnaw You by China Glaze...


Getting To Gnaw You is one of the five new shades in the 2014 Halloween collection Apocalypse, and it is the last one in this collection for me to get around to trying...


Getting To Gnaw You is a black creme, filled with small orange glitter particles. Looking at the polish in the bottle you think the glitter is going to be intense, but the black base mutes it on the nail. The whole black base and orange glitter combination is very fitting for this time of year - sure the idea of it in autumn/Halloween nail polish is by no means a new one, but I do find Getting To Gnaw You to look different enough to the other black-base-and-orange-glitter shades I own to justify the purchase.

Like the other opaque polishes in this year's Halloween collection this polish looks textured, but applies smoothly and bubble/streak free. The glitter may be muted, but the base colour is very rich - it is very nearly a one coater; there are sometimes one or two thin spots with one coat on me, but I'm sure that someone that is better at pointing their nails can get away with just the one coat. Plus the polish dries quickly. 

These polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.


My ring is by Betsy Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment