Wednesday 1 October 2014

Bits and pieces: Rest In Pieces nail polish by China Glaze...

Rest In Pieces is one of the five new shades in the 2014 Halloween collection Apocalypse


It is made up of hex glitter in yellow gold, copper, and teensy holographic pieces. There are also a few black hex shapes in various sizes scattered throughout the mix. We're not done yet; there are also yellow gold, copper, and holographic bar glitter pieces too. All of this glitter is scattered in a clear base, so this shade is made for layering over other polishes.


It looks especially good over light grey, green, orange, or red for that traditional Halloweeny touch.

Deborah Lippmann - Lara's Theme, Sally Hansen Insta Dri - In Record Lime, Nicole By OPI - Kourt Is Red-y For A Pedi, Ciatè - Chinchilla.

However; my favourite way to wear Rest In Pieces is layered over a brown, silver, or gold/bronze base, as it looks rather steampunky.


The NYColor polish is in the shade Midtown Mink.
Sorry about the messy swatches: I'd been saving photos of the various combinations I wore RIP with for weeks to make a collage, but lost everything. By this point I was just like "whatever. I'll just slap all the cołours on together like I did before while I have five minutes spare"...

I also like wearing Rest In Pieces over a taupe or sheer nude polish as the holographic pieces are so pretty. 

 Bow (Nails INC) - Look Who's Tauping


Despite the glitter chunks this polish is easy to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks and I was impressed with the drying time. Plus it dries pretty smoothly too - a good topcoat leave more or less totally smooth the slight texture out. Being a bit of a glitter bomb it does take a little bit more effort to remove, but it seems easier than most of my other glitter laden polishes.

I am tough on my hands and regularly bang and catch my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so I'm not a lot of help determining the average wear of this polish, though I've found that it adds a day or two to the life of my manicure worn as a topper.


Although I do really like this polish and will get lots of use out of it I'm a tad dissapointed too; the other four new shades in this collection are all very Halloweeny, while Rest In Pieces is merely pretty and doesn't really seem to fit in with them as well as I wanted it to - I think that a Halloween collection should be a opportunity to push the boundaries a bit, instead on concentrating on being pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment