
The dragonfruit [pitaya] gives a fresh aroma similar to a blend of melon, pear & a drop of kiwi. The blood orange is something that I was sure would actually be in the fragrance, or if they'd created their own fantasy version of orange blossom, but it is indeed here - it brings juicy citrus minus the acidic tone to Signature Scent. I can also pick up on a twist of grapefruit underneath everything else, which gives a fresh vibe to the fragrance.
I wanted to give Signature Scent a go because tuberose is a key note and I've recently noticed that many of my favourite fragrances contain it, despite me thinking that I disliked it because it's usually too rich - I wanted something built around it, to give me a chance to experience it in all it's glory, but with just enough juiciness to keep the feeling of being overpowered at bay. Signature Scent has proven to be perfect for me; I get the sweetness & creaminess of the tuberose, with the tiniest hint of spiciness, but the fruit blend stops it from becoming I'd consider to be overwhelming.
The orange blossom and a subtle musk gives a clean vibe to the fragrance, which further down the sweetness from the creamy tuberose which is a major added plus imo, as it gives Signature Scent a more "grown up" vibe in comparison with the brand's older Bad Bitch body mist collection - the brand now has it's own flagship store in the Trafford Centre [stores in Scotland & London are being planned], plus the brand is now sold in selected Boots stores & online there, so I definitely think that a more adult edge to everything will bring in more customers.
Signature Scent is surprisingly complex for a body mist, expecially the fruit - very multifaceted.
The longevity is great for a body & hair mist: around all day wear, although it goes close to the skin after a couple of hours, and will come & go in random patterns. It'll last for up to 48 hours on fabric.
This has layered really well with all of the fragrances I've tried so far ‐ special shout outs to Alien, Cosmic 2.0, and Almost Always.
If you don't want to invest in the full collection like I did, then you can buy the 110ml Scent From Above* hair/body mists for £19.
Oh; the 35ml Bad Bitch** body mists are £15, but I don't recommend their bottle shapes for us left-handed folk.
Both mists are in the 3 for £25 pick-your-own bundle offer.
* The other 3 current scent options are limited edition, so once they're gone they won't be back.
** I think that this line is now one that once it's gone it's gone, and the Scent From Above line is going to be the replacement for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment