Tuesday 28 May 2019

The Bargain Hunter: The £5 eye & cheek palette [the Double Take eye & face palette by P.S... Beauty].

Urban Decay's Backtalk eye and cheek palette is something that had been on my wishlist since it was released, but I kept putting of getting it as other things I wanted/needed pushed it further down the list, then it was discontinued before I got round to picking it up.

I don't usually pay much attention to blatant rip-offs designs in the beauty world, but when nipping into my local Primark for a black tank top, I saw their take on the Backtalk palette (the Double Take eye and face palette), and I just had to try it out... 




The first thing I noticed is that the shadows in Double Take aren't as thin and powdery, in comparison to the shadows in the two other Primark eyeshadow palettes I've tried, so that's a big plus straight away. They apply very decently [much less kick-up & hardly any fall-out], blend without trouble, and wear pretty well. They do begin to fade and crease at around 8 hours of wear, but (A) I have heavily hooded eyes and (B) I usually don't wear primer.

The shades apply to the eyes lighter than their appearance in the pans and how they apply in concentrated swatches, so I'm doubtful that this colour story is something that will work for people with deep skintones. I saw two other colour variants of the 'Double Take' palette too, so maybe there are choices for every tone available?



Two of the blushes [Double Play & Cheeky] are very similar and one is almost invisible [Smart Talk], but everything is wearable - they all last for almost the whole working day [they begin to fade away around the 8 hour mark] on my dry skin. I use either fixing spray or a setting spray when I wear makeup. 

Like the eyeshadow palette, I'd caution those with richer and deeper skintones against getting this - the powder is thin and would just look ashy



The look of Urban Decay's Backtalk palette is there, but the quality is still off - although there has been a noticeable improvement. When considering the low price of £5 for eight eyeshadows and four blushes (around 41p per each shade), I feel that I can't really fault the overall quality of these shadows too much, so I still recommend this palette for people to try - especially for younger people, people who want to start dipping their toes into the toes into colours or those who are new to wearing eyeshadow and want to experiment without spending too much money. 
I've passed on my other Primark palettes to family members, but I think that I'll be keeping hold on Double Take, as I'm 
extremely likely to keep using it.

The Double Take eye & cheek palette is £5 and is exclusive to Primark stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment