Wednesday 1 May 2019

It's just a sweet [Rainbow] Fantasy: looking closer at the new Britney Spears edt...

Rainbow Fantasy is a really magical scent that makes memories come to life, and inspires everyone to dream big" - Britney Spears

I was never into the summer editions of Fantasy flankers until last year's edition,  Sunset Fantasy; I've actually now finished my bottle of it and am considering buying the larger size of it. In fact it was looking around online for the best deals on Sunset Fantasy which brought Rainbow Fantasy to my attention...

... that bottle is too cute, so that was all it took for me to order a bottle without having tested the actual fragrance beforehand. I've enjoyed every main [non summer le] Fantasy flanker except for one (Circus Fantasy), so I'm pretty hopeful for Rainbow Fantasy - it's not hard to make a Fantasy fragrance with the basic fruits-sweet notes-soft floral blueprint, after all. 

This is the first Fantasy under Britney's new fragrance contract with Revlon, so lets see if they can keep up with the established Fantasy line of fragrances, or if they've already dropped the ball...


You'll know that this is a Fantasy fragrance immediately; we go straight to juicy fruits and a delicate candy note. There is something green and leafy alongside the sweet-but-fresh citrus & berry fruit blend, and it's accompanied by the candy floss accord, that comes and goes throughout Rainbow Fantasy's wear - when I say candy floss, I mean a watered down sugar-water version,not a heavier, syrupy version.

The floral notes are powdery & light and stay behind the fruits and candy floss; I can make out the listed peony and faint hints of the lily, but I can't separate the listed jasmine or any of the other florals. A simple blend of musky amber and sandalwood develops within an hour and accompanies the lingering lime, peony and candy Floss accord for the final drydown - the fragrance is rather linear, which is something that I used to dislike, but now enjoy.

Official Scent notes; cloudberry, pear leaf, finger lime, peony, water lily, jasmine, woody notes, crystal amber and cotton candy.


It's hard to say how long Rainbow  lasts on skin since it is a light fragrance and wears close to the skin, though I'd best estimate it at somewhere between four and five hours. When I wear it to bed I can still catch an occasional hint the next morning, so spritzing some on your bra or tank is ideal for longer wear. 

All in all I can say that Rainbow Fantasy is nice and I'll wear it throughout the spring & summer months, so I don't regret my blind buy. Do I enjoy it as much as Sunset Fantasy? Nope - I do prefer the creaminess of Sunset Fantasy, but [as I don't like overly floral scents] I still suggest that when you see an offer somewhere for Rainbow Fantasy over the next few months (actually I think Boots and Superdrug currently have it on half price), then this year's easy-to-wear, light, fruity-but-not-too-fruity and sweet-but-not-too-sweet fragrance is well worth adding to your seasonal fragrance wardrobe.


Boots and The Perfume Shop both sell the 100ml bottle for £35.

Superdrug has a choice between a 30ml bottle [£21.50], as well as the 100ml bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment