Wednesday 15 May 2019

It's not just love, it's Vegan Love [eyeshadow palette], with Kat Von D Beauty...

"Spread the Vegan Love and celebrate a bright future for a better world with us. The limited-edition Vegan Love Palette features 10 ultra-bold vegan shades, all formulated for eye use, in a new formula you won’t find in any of our other eyeshadow palettes. Get inspired with all-new, vibrant reds and purples (colors difficult to find in a vegan, carmine-free formula), and a range of surprising sheen finishes, from reflective metallics to pearlescent pops and super-cool color flips. This palette is our way of celebrating our never-ending love for animals and commitment to creating a kinder, more compassionate world.  
Best of all, for every palette sold, we’re donating 20% of the retail price to Mercy for Animals, an international nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing cruelty to animals" - Kat Von D Beauty 


Buying new makeup from a brand who has consistently great quality, whilst simultaneously donating to animals?! Sold.... 




The formulas for Vegan Love are all new and all classed as eyeshadows, not pressed pigments - something very rare for reds, bright purple or bright blue, yellow & green shades. I was umming and ahhing over bothering with this palette since I really enjoy the brand's old formulas and didn't want to 'spoil' the experience by buying a new formulation which might not work for me, but there was no need to worry as these formulas feel almost exactly like their older ones [perhaps a teensy bit thicker] and are just as richly pigmented [all my swatches were made with one dip into the pan].

There is a sticker in the palette advising that the shadows perform best applied with fingers, but I've found that they can be applied with a brush in the crease area, although the finish of the shadow isn't as intense that way - although I suppose that most people will prefer that the shades appear closer to matte when used around the crease. Applied on the lids, the shadows wear perfectly until I remove them, but there is some creasing around the 7 hour mark, when applied with a brush in my crease - I do have deepset/hooded eyes though, so most eyeshadows wear this way on me, so perhaps I'm not the best judge.

There are no matte shades in Vegan Love, which is going to be a huge deal-breaker for people. Apart from that issue, I can't think of any real negatives; each pan is 2.3g, which is larger than usual for the brand's palettes, the formulas are adaptable and there is an even split between bright shades and toned down neutrals.



I'm torn over Vegan Love; added to the charity donation with every purchase and the extra amount of product we're getting, the formulas are great and I've enjoyed every look I've worn to date... But if I lost it, I don't think I'd bother replacing it since I know that I'm not going to use it anywhere near as much as I continue to use all of my other palettes from this brand - if I hadn't had £10 on my Debenhams Beauty Club card & a money-off voucher in my purse, I probably wouldn't have picked it up to begin with. 

Again;  the quality is good, so if vegan formulas are a must for you and/or if you prefer eyeshadows rather then pressed pigments, then you won't get the brighter shades anywhere else, so I do recommend Vegan Love for you.


The Vegan Love eyeshadow palette costs £34 and is available now from Debenhams [the KvD  Beauy brand is stocked in larger stores & the brand is also sold online].

No comments:

Post a Comment