Sunday 23 February 2020

Raining glitter on the parade... [reviewing Glitter Fantasy edt, by Britney Spears]

"Live to enjoy the glistening moments throughout your day as you leave a shimmering trail of glitter wherever you go."

"This sparkling scent glimmers with twists of sophistication. Flirtatious red fruits mingle with a radiant floral bouquet. Seductive woods and enveloping musks glisten for a moment of surprise and delight"  


After my successes with the past couple of spring/summer flankers of the Fantasy fragrance [Sunset Fantasy and Rainbow Fantasy], I was looking forward to getting this year's new spin-off.

Was it worth the wait?


At first application I was underwhelmed by Glitter Fantasy, as it has a million scent-a-likes; the Ariana Grande fragrances - particularly the Sweet Like Candy ones - share strong similarities. I'd best describe the opening to Glitter Fantasy as being like walking into the Victoria's Secret beauty section; berries, sugar water and marshmallow. A nice enough meld of scents, but nothing original.

After a short while the fruity mix turns sharper, and this bite to the fragrance is what makes it stand out from the crowd; I'm reasonably confident when I say that what I think that I'm identifying is ruby grapefruit and cherry. This sharpness makes me want to look for more fragrances which use a mix of grapefruit and cherry.

I can't detect any of the floral or woody notes with any clarity, as the fruits and vanilla are so strong on me; I can pick up on traces of what I think is violet and possibly heliotrope, but don't quote me on that. A bit of a let-down, to be honest.

Official scent notes: red fruits, floral bouquet, musk and wood accords.



Glitter Fantasy is 'nice' enough to pick up on special offer for an affordable 'everyday' spring/summer fragrance, that I don't regret buying. However, I wouldn't reccomend paying full-price for it and don't think that it is as nice as Sunset Fantasy or even Rainbow Fantasy, as it is a bit more on the generic side.

One noticeably positive thing to point out is that the glittery glass bottle has a nice feel and weight, so isn't as tacky as photos lead you to believe.


At the minute Glitter Fantasy is only available at Suerdrug in 30ml [£21.50] and a special intro offer on the 100ml [£22, usually £35].

Other physical and online stores will begin to stock Glitter Fantasy over the next month or so, and there'll probably be a 50ml bottle available.

No comments:

Post a Comment