Wednesday 5 February 2020

What's wrong with being confident? [reviewing Eve Confidence edp, by Avon]...


"Amplify your confidence with this luminous fragrance, shaped by a kaleidoscope of juicy blackcurrant and bright frangipani, all illuminated with the strength of oakwood" 
Eve Confidence is one of four fragrances in the Eve Discovery collection of perfumes; an award-winning fragrance line that has been created with actress Eva Mendes (she also has 2 double-ended perfumes with them) for Avon. 
  
Berries, frangipani, cream, sandalwood and vanilla?! Sign me up pronto. My hopes for this fragrance is pretty high...
Any guys/girls out there looking for a budget Valentine's gift for their partner need to check this review out...


I can't separate all of the fruity notes used in here; they're all mingled together very closely. If I had to guess, I'd suggest that there is raspberry and/or strawberry underneath the watery pear and milky cream notes. There are also just enough fresh & juicy currant-type scent notes present to stop the sweeter fruits from becoming too overbearing.

The listed jasmine and frangipani are by far the strongest floral notes on me, and I'd also guess that there is some combination of clean and powdery florals such as neroli, lotus and/or heliotrope too. Sometimes I can pick up on the airy musk note, but other times the note is too quiet and is hidden by the florals. 

The shift into the base is subtle; a vanilla-infused sandalwood note develops after 3-4 hours, and mingles with the lingering cream-dipped fruity notes as the perfume gradually dries down.

Official scent notes: whipped cream, frangipani, pear, red fruits, black currant, jasmine, vanilla, woody notes and musk.


Overall; the light, airy scent is perfect for the warmer weather, although I’ll wear mine all year round. Eve Confidence is a lovely daytime fragrance, that’s only let down by its poor staying power [a common theme with Avon perfumes]. However as the price is so low, I don't mind having to reapply it every five to six hours or so. 
I do really enjoy this, as it contains some of my favourite scent notes; I won't go so far as to say I'll definitely repurchase it again in future when I've finished my bottle, but it is  a fragrance that I'd strongly consider buying again if I see it on offer. 
 
Eve Confidence isn't very original, but the fragrance is neither 'young' or 'old', is non-cloying, and is a affordable price. Therefore I think that it is a easy to wear choice for a fragrance gift, and makes a fantastic buy for those who enjoy quieter, more feminine perfumes. 
Avon UK recently released 100ml bottles of their top three best-selling perfumes and Eve Confidence was one of them - you will have to try searching eBay for them, as they sold out quickly.  
 
 
30ml edp bottle: £9
50ml bottle: £15 
75ml body spray: £4 
10ml purse spray: £6
 Eve Discovery Collection 4 piece 10ml purse spray set: £12








No comments:

Post a Comment