Sunday 1 March 2020

EOTD; palette bingo with the Jaclyn Hill palette, by Morphe.

Palette bingo = where you pick an eyeshadow palette and number the shades in it. You then use a random number generator app to choose five numbers [as bingo has five letters], and you then use the corresponding shades in the palette for your look.

Today I'm doing the palette bingo with the Jaclyn Hill palette, that I recently mentioned that I planned on doing: I haven't used the palette for a while and am trying to get back into it [it would have been decluttered by now, if it wasn't so grubby-looking that I was embarrassed to give it away], so am looking forward to seeing which shades I'll end up with, as I want some fresh ideas.

The numbers I got from the random number generator are 6 (Sissy), 11 (Pukey), 20 (Buns), 26 (24/7) and 29 (Pool Party)...



For this look I decided to highlight the complimentary neutrals for a easy-to-wear any-occasion look.

 I then made the most out of my deep crease by 'hiding' the aqua across the top of my lids, for a surprise pop of colour when I blink or glance down. I think this application method is particularly great for those who are hesitant to wear colour, but want to step outside their comfort zone.

The quality of most of the shadows I used was nice enough & was easy to work with, although I do think that a couple of them aren't aging too well in terms of appearance - the pink tone in the pink-to-gold duo-chrome Sissy is now subtle [can you even tell that the shade is supposed to be pink in these photos?!], and the sparkle fragments in 24/7 seem to have 'melted' into the shadow & are barely visible...

My swatches & looks with other shades with, and review for the Jaclyn Hill palette are here.



The Jaclyn Hill palette is £37 on Morphe UK, Boots (online only) and Cult Beauty. I couldn't find it on the Selfridges site, but I've seen it in my closest store.

No comments:

Post a Comment