Saturday 1 February 2020

I'm addicted to a life of material... [reviewing the Glam Room no. 1: The Fame eyeshadow palette, by Haus Laboratories]

"Unlock your FAME in the new GLAM ROOM PALETTE NO. 1. 

With 10 matte, metallic, shimmer, and sparkle finishes made to perform on every skin tone, this universal palette gives you the power to play up every persona. Silky smooth, blendable shades range from warm pale peach and rose gold to cool plums and deep black for an ensemble of colours ready to envelop you in a new identity each time you want to reinvent yourself"


Haus Laboratories released their first powder eyeshadow in a palette format late last year and being that I really enjoy the formulas for the other product from the brand I have, I was keen to get the palette and try the shadow formulas out.

Read on for my final verdict...


Cake (Matte Pale Peach), Applause (Gold and Pink Pearl Duochrome), Curtain Call (Metallic Burnt Red), Contort (Matte Sienna), Scotch (Metallic Deep Brown With Golden Pearl)



Spotlight (Metallic Pink Champagne), Cameo (Light Terracotta With Sheer Golden Pearl), Shimmy (Metallic Mauve), Slipper Room (Deep Plum With Shimmer Pink Pearl), Top Hat (Matte Black)


Even though I enjoy everything I've tried from this brand so far and wanted to get the palette and test everything out, a part  of me was also a bit hesitant when it came to giving the brand's powder eyeshadow formulas a go, since I thought that the liquid formulas are so good that I doubted that powder formulas could compare. How wrong I was; the smooth application and ease of blending with the mattes is superb, and the metallic formulas are molten and not too thin - I feel that they all feel & apply as well as my other favourite mid to low high-end brands. I don't have much to add, since everything works effortlessly, wears well and the shades are so well-coordinated.

The colour story isn't anything unique, which loads of people were disappointed by. I personally prefer the representation and thought process behind the colour story in this palette, over having more visually stimulating random shade selections just for the sake of it, shades that wouldn't be used much (the shades picked are the kind that she wore when she began experimenting with her makeup for her burlesque shows pre-fame).

I haven't had any problems with any of the formulas for any of the shades; in fact I want to add how impressive the black matte is, with it's rich pigmentation, yet non-messy easy-to-diffuse formula. I honestly can't come up with any negatives for this product, and I have been stern over the performance of the shadow formulas in the palette.



Due to the unoriginal colour story I won't call this palette a must-have, but if neutrals are your thing, then this is a fantastic buy; the palette has all of the basics most people use on a wide variety of occasions, without wasting space on shades/finishes we'd only wear once or twice.

It's a very nice capsule collection of universal necessities, that create year-round looks, that range from barely there, work/school, dates and big nights out. I'm now into more minimal palette designs and think that this is a great one for people with similar tastes.


The Glam Room no1 eyeshadow palette costs £33, 
and is available through Hauslabs and Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment