Tuesday 11 February 2020

EOTD - palette bingo with The Emily Edit: The Wants eyeshadow palette, by Emily Noel x Revolution...

Palette bingo = where you pick an eyeshadow palette  [or use a few different ones if you don't have larger ones] and number the shades. You then use a random number generator app to choose five numbers [as bingo has five letters], and you then use the corresponding shades in the palette for your look. It has become a popular trend on social media and I wanted to give it a go, as I want some fresh ideas for selecting shades to wear when I use makeup, as I gravitate towards the same things too much.

I was going to do this with my Jaclyn Hill palette, as I haven't used it for a while and am trying to get back into it, but since Emily Noel was the first YouTuber to use the bingo method for eyeshadow shade selection when her MUA friend thought up the game and challenged her to do it on her channel (back in February 2016), I felt that I just had to use her palette for my first attempt at trying the trend.


The shades that I ended up with coincidentally made a sultry evening, Valentines-appropriate, smoky eye. So yeah, if you want some inspo for a special night out this year, read on...


The numbers I got from the random number generator are 10 (Belle Violet), 14 (Love Tons), 24 (Dark & Early), 1 (The Cream) and 3 (Prayer).




I was admittedly underwhelmed with the shades selected for me; I love the shades, the formulas are all great and a browbone highlight & a nice transition shade are both there, but (aside from the black) the selected shades are the ones I use the most often in the palette.  I was just hoping for selections of shades I don't usually gravitate towards anyway, for fresh inspiration [I was very tempted to cheat and swap a few shades, but felt guilty doing so, so here we are]... 

I applied the black in my crease in addition to my outer corner, since I usually never do that and I wanted to try to make the shades that I am overly familiar with look a little different from what I usually do with them = the blackened frame made the shade on my lid appear darker than it is, and I really liked the results. Maybe I'll experiment more with black shades going forward.





I will do this bingo method with my Jaclyn Hill palette soon, it's just a question of when I'll bother to pick it up & use it - it would have been decluttered last year, if it wasn't so grubby-looking, that I was embarrassed to give it away...


My review, swatches, where-to-buy links and colour combination ideas for The Wants can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment