Thursday 18 September 2014

FYI: Clintons have started to stock the Yankee Halloween collection...

I went into my local branch of Clinton's today to buy the Twisted Peppermint jar candle, but I noticed a new small display table piled with Yankee Halloween candles.

So I naturally forgot about my original mission and bought some of the Halloween ones instead...

As I mentioned before my local Clinton's store is small so there weren't many candle sizes there; Happy Halloween (I'll talk more about that in a minute) came in a large jar only, and there were only a few of them out. Candy Corn, Witches Brew, and Ghostly Treats come in medium jars or in 12 packs of their tea lights.



Considering that my local branch has never sold the Yankee Halloween range before, I was definitely surprised to find them...


... Especially the Happy Halloween one, as I believe that it used to be a US/Canada release, and I thought that Yankee didn't make it any more.


"Halloween is one of the year's most fun holidays, whether you are giving out treats or going to door in a costume. This trick-or-treat black candle is all about the fun, offering up a true black licorice fragrance that fills the air with the familiar aroma of those anise-flavored, twisted sticks that have delighted for generations"


The candle has a little gold rosette on the label that informs us the candle is a collectors edition, so I'm thinking that when it's gone it's gone and it won't be part of Yankee's regular Halloween lineup in the future.










Yankee release both Witches Brew and Candy Corn every year and as I've already reviewed them at length, I'm going to focus on Ghostly Treats today, as it is a new Halloween fragrance...



"The scent of goeey toasted marshmallows is a haunting reminder of sharing spooky tales around a Halloween bonfire"

As you can see that jar is beautifully decorated, as are the Candy Corn (orange) and Witches Brew (black) versions, so whilst the smell is nice, but isn't something that I find 'Halloweeny' it is still a great buy, as you can keep the jars and use them for other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment