Wednesday 10 September 2014

First impressions: Eau De Gaga by Lady Gaga...


After being left disappointed by the non-existent leather accord in Royal RevolutionI expected another wishy washy "meh" release here too as Coty is behind the Lady Gaga fragrances, as well as the newer Katy Perry ones. Was I right not to expect much, or was I pleasantly surprised?
EAU DE GAGA is described by Coty as being "an enigmatic scent, fusing daringly diverse elements to create a beguiling allure. The fragrance is built around a beautiful heart of white violet, an intoxicating flower that fuses male and female attractions. To counterbalance this opulent woody-floral intensity, the scent opens with an invigorating burst of sparkling lime that exudes dynamic vibrancy. And it evolves into a sensual trail based on leather, adding a primal quality to the scent".


Eau De Gaga applies with a musky leather accord, and as it settles down the leather accord develops fully and combines with the long notes of lime. I expected the violet to be predominant, given the official description, but on me the leather accords and lime that take centre stage. There is a hint of green leafy florals, but they aren't strong enough for me to separate.

After a few hours the dark 
florals in the heart of the fragrance develop fully; I don't know what different florals have been used here, but the Eau De Gaga's heart reminds me slightly of Fame [which in turn reminds me of Illumasqua's Freak], so maybe belladonna is in here like it is also in Fame [and Freak]? There is also something mossy and earthy, but it doesn't seem łike patchouli to me as it's a bit cleaner and fresher then I usually find patchouli on my skin.

After several hours the quieter violet notes come through on my skin, and leads the salty musk into the woody base. I haven't tested Eau De Gaga enough to seperate the types of wood used and desribe them fully, but I really, really like the rich base. 
Although Eau De Gaga goes close to the skin after several hours, the Longevity is excellent for a mass-market Coty release; it averages at around eight hours wear on  me.

I think that, like Fame, Eau De Gaga is going to be a love or hate it fragrance as it is so different from the usual celebrity scent, but I must applaud the makers for thinking outside of the box with this - it's very well made and smells much more expensive than it is.

Stronger, unisex fragrances can make my migraines worse, but so far so good with this. I still want to continue testing it before buying it though, to be sure. However I do think that Eau De Gaga is something that I'll be buying soon - it's perfect for colder, wetter weather.

I think that the official launch date for Eau De Gaga is the 17th September, but my local Boots store has already started to stock it (it's not on their website yet);
£25 - 30ml
£32 - 50ml
£40 - 75ml

No comments:

Post a Comment