Ready to embrace the unexpected? Meet Perfect Nonsense Banana Oud Eau de Parfum - a scent collision that defies all fragrance norms.
1010, no notes - this fabulously fluid floral fruity scent with lush and velvety bananas and bright and bold florals give 'I just touched down from a tropical vacay’; whilst the deep, oud-inspired woods bring the mystery and gatekeep what went down.
Don’t sleep on this. It’s serving scents that makes no sense yet arouse every sense… and it’s about to go mainstream: A floral fruity niche fragrance I've for an unhinged and unbothered tropical noir aura.
It’s the perfect everyday perfume for static-free living. #NoNoiseJustVibes.
Banana and oud?!! I'm listening...
Kayali has a banana-based fragrance I've been lusting after, as well as a collection centered around oud, but this is much more affordable. But can it stand proudly next to them, or ìs it another "good but not great" from the Perfect Nonsense line?
The opening has an interesting blend of citrus and banana - the banana seems fizzy because the energetic citrus mix livens it & gives it a jolt. I can separate the orange blossom easily enough and can just about pick up on the ylang-ylang, but any other florals are in trace amounts and I can't separate them - possibly jasmine?
The oud accord is authentic enough to the point that I had to double check that real oud isn't used in this fragrance ‐ really well done. As the heart further deepens into the base, the woods became slightly balsamic, as well as a dash of smokiness being in the background. Banana whisps float though the rich base.The longevity and projection makes the juice for Banana Oud the best release from the Perfect Nonsense line; I get around seven hours wear on average, with a moderate projection. Like I said, it's not the best quality Avon is capable of, but it is the best from the line.
Officially listed scent notes: Banana Leaf, Banana Flower, Cocktail of Citrus (Bergamot Oil, Lime Oil & Lemon Oil), Orange Flower, Ylang Ylang Oil, Smoky Roots (Vetiver), Black Woods (Oud Accord, Cedarwood, Cypriol Oil & Patchouli Oil), and Musk.
As well as Banana Oud having the best performance in the Perfect Nonsense line, it is also the first one that is unisex imo.
I think that Banana Oud is perfect for this time of year and will carry through the winter months - personally I'd say that the woods & patchouli make the fragrmance too dark and rich for warmer & brighter months, but if you like it then go for it.
Banana Oud can be bought from the Avon website, Avon catalogues, Amazon, eBay, and some Superdrug stores also stock it.
The 50ml edp bottle is £13, the matching 200ml body spray is £10 and the 150ml bottle of scented shower gel is £5.25.

No comments:
Post a Comment