Saturday 12 November 2022

Oh, cheeky!! [reviewing Naked Fantasy edt, by Britney Spears]

Fantasy is freedom – real & unfiltered


Discover the sensation of baring it all with this enveloping scent, inspired by Britney’s empowering confidence, open heart & cheeky humor. 

Unveil your inner sparkle, feel comfortable in your skin & let your true beauty shine from the inside out. Designed for the free-spirited woman, like Britney, who is not afraid to be a little naughty. It’s time to own your sensuality, you’ve got nothing to hide – after all, the naked truth can be just peachy!


Honestly; after testing & owning Blissful Fantasy, I was left feeling as there was a slight slump in the quality levels of the Fantasy line oncoming. I was even hesitant to try this new edition, in case it does indeed confirm that the slump has arrived...

So I've been taking extra time in the testing & taking notes period, for this new edition; Naked Fantasy. Was Blissful Fantasy a one-off meh release, or is it time t o leave the Fantasy line alone for a while?


Naked Fantasy opens with creamy peach & apricot notes, with a soft hint of blackcurrant mingled in. The sweet/fresh citrus notes are very quiet as well, which is less usual for a Fantasy flanker. 

I can separate the osmanthus & lily, but overall I find the combination of powdery floral notes pretty much like the original Fantasy to my nose; Naked Fantasy just removes the heavier sweetness of the white chocolate & louder fruit from the blend of the original, and replaces these with the fresher zing of the cider. To me this fresh accord seems more reminiscent of the martini accord in Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely edp, but I'm not an expert on alcoholic drinks.

The cupcake note begins to come through in the heart and develops fully in the base, where it combines with the lingering apricot, and traditional-for-the-Fantasy-line base mix of vanilla, sandalwood, and mild musk. The mix provides the cocooning warmth that the original Fantasy does, a feeling that I've come to expect from the Fantasy line.

Official key scent notes: juicy citrus, black currant, apple cider, creamy peach, osmanthus, water lily, apricot, cupcake accord, vanilla, & musk.

Naked Fantasy wears between 6/7 hours and doesn't have an especially big aura, so is neither amazing nor awful - fine for a mass market edt, but the Fantasy line has done better. The fragrance does have a bit of a "been here before" feel to it, but as the past release that it is most similar to [Fantasy Intimate] has been long discontinued & is getting very hard-to-find now, I'm not going to hold the similarly against it much - the cider note is a unique twist, and does introduce a new element to the Fantasy line. I hope future Fantasy flankers use boozy notes more too, for a more adult feel to the line.

Overall; I've been enjoying wearing Naked Fantasy as a casual daytime fragrance and I will continue using my bottle happily, however it's not quite as moreish as Fantasy Intense, Fantasy Sheer, or Fantasy Electric, where my enjoyment was high enough for me to have backups on hand. I do like it to the point that I'd recommend looking for a bottle when it's on a price offer [right now in Superdrug], but not at full price, unless you've been looking for a Intimate Fantasy replacement. 


Naked Fantasy is only at Superdrug at the time of me starting my notes [both online & in-store]; the 30ml bottle is £23.50, and the 100ml is £37.

Other retailers will begin to stock the fragrance in the coming weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment