Thursday 23 August 2018

A closer look at... the Beauty Legacy eye & face palette [by Revolution Beauty].

I had been eyeing this particular palette because of its similarly to Tarte's collaboration palette with Grav3yardgirl [the Swamp Queen eye/face palette] at the time I ordered the Kiss Of Fire palette a few months ago, but it was out-of-stock at that time so I couldn't get it. I only ordered the Beauty Legacy eye/face palette now because I was £10 away from a free £25 value goodie bag (the things make nice stocking stuffers for family/friends) and it was back in stock, so I thought it'd be an interesting item to buy & test, then make a detailed blog post on, since there isn't a lot of online info on it in English. 

Like with my other Revolution collaboration palettes, I'd never heard of the influencer that they've worked with, so having a certain name on the palette means nothing to me [Maxineczka is from Poland, I believe].

Canvas [bone satin eyeshadow], Ash [matte dusty taupe eyeshadow], Brick [tan brown matte eyeshadow]


Crystal [champagne pink metallic eyeshadow], Copper [bronze metallic eyeshadow], Petal [matte wine eyeshadow]

Orchid [purple with blue shift duo-chrome eyeshadow], Smoke [matte deep cool brown eyeshadow], Night  [black matte eyeshadow]

Pure Glow [champagne micro-shimmer highlighter], Love's Hue [matte apricot blush], The Grand Tan [matte tawny bronzer]

This palette doesn't contain the most exciting shades, but it was designed for tossing in a work or gym bag for on-the-go touch-ups  to looks and taking with you whilst traveling longer-haul, so that's how I'm going to look at it - a do-it-all pretty n polished kit. You get nine eyeshadows that go from everyday neutrals, deep smoky neutrals, three berry toned colour pops, a low-key champagne shimmer highlight, a light not-too-warm bronzer and a blush. The face products are formulated to be good for use on the eyes, the matte cream eyeshadow is nice for setting my under-eye concealer, the matte taupe and brown eyeshadows make good brow shades and the matte black shadow makes a great liner when applied with a damp brush. The packaging is also different for this palette; instead of the brand's usual plastic palettes, Beauty Legacy has a sleek thick card palette. It looks and feels much nicer than Revolution's standard cases.



The matte shadows are the smoothest and most pigmented ones that I've found by the brand; a special shout-out to the black one, as I had over half a dozen from Revolution, Revolution Pro & I  Heart Revolution, and this is the best one. The two metallic shades look and wear great, but do feel a bit chunky - no big deal, just be aware of his when applying them [finger application is best].


The only downside for me is that the shade Orchid is thin, so takes a fair bit of foiling and building; I'm a sucker for violet shades, so will happily work with it since it looks great when applied satisfactory - but yeah, next to the great quality of everything else in Beauty Legacy, the iffy quality does stand out. A shame as that's the only eyeshadow shade that prompts me to pick up this palette for everyday purposes, as the other shades/finishes are the rather basic, easily duped types that palettes collectors have countless dupes of.


The eyeshadows seem to be of a higher quality compared to my other Revolution ones, however most of the shades don't move me on an everyday basis now that my testing period is over, as I already have them all in other palettes. However I do reach for this palette often enough for the blush & bronzer and to use the shades Ash & Smoke to fill in my brows - and since the palette is out and open, I'll then go ahead and set my undereye concealer with the Canvas eyeshadow. The highlight shade isn't intense enough for my personal preference on the face when I'm using more colourful eyeshadow shades, but it does make a nice browbone highlight - nothing wrong with the product quality, it's purely personal peference.




No. The shades in Beauty Legacy aren't the same as the ones in Swamp Queen, except for the bone/ivory shade that is in loads of palettes; I really admire Bunny [Grav3yardgirl] so I would like to say that Swamp Queen is the superior palette, but I do think that the formulas used in the Beauty Legacy are better - they aren't as dry, so there is less kick-up and fallout, plus there is no microglitter. I'm not saying that Swamp Queen is bad at all [I prefer the highlight in it and how the purples have better pigmentation & are grungy with grey undertones], but yeah, I do think that Revolution have produced the stronger 'grab and go' option for the products that I use the most.

When I get up late and need a quick "can do it all" palette, this is a reliable option, and if/when I'm going away I'll happily use this palette, as I favour simple two-shadow eye looks in neutral colours when away - and there's no need to take separate blush, bronzer/contour, highlight, eyeliner, brow powder or setting powder, as it's all here in one sleek compact. On a day-to-day basis I do get enough use out of the Beauty Legacy palette to justify the rather small price-tag - blush, bronzer, brow powder, setting powder and a duochrome shadow for £10?!


The Beauty Legacy palette costs £10 from the Revolution site and the Superdrug site.

No comments:

Post a Comment