Friday 13 March 2020

Second chances [reviewing the India Sun Sun Stalk'r bronzer, by Fenty Beauty]

As we're going from winter to spring this month, I wanted to look for a barely-there bronzer to add a subtle hint of glow to my corpse-like complexion and when I think barely-there, I remember my 'did you apply any' thoughts when I went to Harvey Nichols for a wear test of the Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk'r bronzer in the shade India Sun. The shade didn't wow me, however I remember the formula feeling nice on my skin.

 Now that I know not to trust the lighting in Harvey Nichols (the next deepest shade - Shady Biz - looked great in the store lighting, but was too dark when I got home & opened the packaging) and had loads of unspent points on my Boots card to splurge with, I wanted to give India Sun another chance to impress me.

Has this turned out to be a hidden gem, or am I an idiot who doesn't know when to give up?



India Sun is the lightest shade in the 8-shade line of Sun Stalk'r bronzers; Fenty describe it as fair with neutral undertones. It is the only shade for those of us with fair skintones, so you can't pick either a warmer or cooler shade - there's only one light shade as well and one light/medium one.


The formula is consistent with the other shade that I have [Shady Biz]; it's smooth to apply and work with, it's a long-wearing formula , that looks great after twelve hours of wear. Also worth noting; like the other one I have, I've not experienced any transfer - even when caught out in the rain.



The formula is the good part, now lets discuss the shade when used as a bronzer; Can you see anything when India Sun is applied with a typical bronzer brush? I don't even bother tapping excess powder off the brush beforehand!! I guess I can't keep blaming the HN lighting...




When applied with a more tightly-bristled contour brush, I do have more success with this product,  so it wasn't a waste of my points. The powder is on the slightly warmer side of a neutral tone, but I still think that this powder works nicely as a contour product - it is worth noting that I do find myself digging my brush into the powder,  though.




I'll get much more use out of India Sun in comparison to Shady Biz, but I'll be using it to contour with NOT as a bronzer, so I don't feel as though I  can reccomend it to others as a bronzer - as a contour it's decent since it isn't a overly warm tone.

So yeah, I do get use out of this product and I'll continue to use it,  but I don't think that I'll repurchase this in the future. Fingers crossed that Fenty broadens the shade range in the future....


The Sun Stalk'r bronzer comes in 8 shades and costs £25 and is available in Boots and Harvey Nichols.

No comments:

Post a Comment