Wednesday 25 March 2020

All for one and one for all? [reviewing the Instant Look In A Palette compact, by Charlotte Tilbury].

Darlings, beautify your face in a flash...

My Instant Look in a Palette in Gorgeous, Glowing Beauty features the most mesmerising, rich shades to instantly create a spellbinding glow. This is a fresh, gorgeous makeup look in a 7-shade palette for eyes, face and cheeks! Sculpt and define your complexion with effortless ease and prepare to dance the night away!

This is everything you need to mesmerise the world in a palette…



As much as I usually enjoy making my own colour stories using different shades and brands together for different combinations every time that I wear makeup, I admit that there  are days when I do want to put on 'a little something', but am too rushed or lazy to put in the brain power.

Will this compact deliver a quick & easy look, that still provides that suitable touch of glam?




  • EYE BRIGHTEN: A shimmering, frosted pink to brighten your eyes!
  • EYE ENHANCE: A mesmeric mauve-blush shimmer to enhance!
  • EYE SMOKE: A magical pink-maroon matte for a smouldering gaze!


  • FACE BRONZE: A warming, sun-kissed bronzer for red carpet cheekbones!
  • FACE HIGHLIGHT: A dreamy golden highlight to add instant light to your complexion!


  • CHEEK SWISH: A pretty champagne pink blush for a gorgeous kiss of colour.
  • CHEEK POP: A warm rose-pink for happy, healthy-looking cheeks!

The three warm-neutral toned eyeshadow shades, in 3 finishes. CT matte shadows are brilliant for their ease of use; the shade you get can be either built up or blended out into a lighter shade really easily and quickly, so a simple look with just that shade will appear as though you've applied 3 shades.

The frosted and shimmery shades also have lovely formulas - admittedly I have other brands whose shimmery formulas I prefer as creamy molten-appearing formulas are my preference, but these are still very nice and the quality is worth the price.



The way the blushes from the brand work is by 'swishing' the lighter shade over the cheek area and then 'popping' the deeper shade into the apples.

Some combination of the shades will work for everyone; the swish n pop method of mixing both shades is universal, plus light & medium skintones can wear either shade individually. Deeper skintones can rock the deeper shade alone and the lighter shade makes a nice cheek highlight. The Swish shade looks lovely worn alone on fair skintones, but Pop is a bit too pigmented when worn alone, without tons of blending.


The highlighter isn't as intense as I usually go for,but I do love how light and silky the formula is; the powder doesn't cling to dry patches, or empathize uneven skin.

I think that this could be the start if me going for softer highlights regularly...


Although the bronzer appears pretty light, through my heavy hand I found that it can be easily built up. Awesome formula; very easy to apply and it wears beautifully. I really want to try the CT Filmstar bronzer now...

I think that this shade can be built up easily for medium skintones, however I don't think that this shade of the bronzer will build up enough to be flattering on deeper skintones.





All of the formulas are incredibly quick and easy to work with, as well as being beautifully colour-coordinated, which is great for this style of 'grab n go' compact. All of the different formulations are off a high quality and I think that this compact is well worth the price.




I'll try to make a EOTD post to show how the powders are multi-use before this compact sells out, but I'm not really feeling in the frame of mind for doing anything makeup related at the minute; the whole coronavirus issue has been playing hell with my depression and anxiety. The guilt and shame of being in the 'high risk' category has been mixing with my survivors guilt and PTSD from my brother's death and the Manchester Arena bombing, so I'm not in the best of places mentally. 

I have a bunch of unsorted notes and photos for some items to go through, so hopefully by the time I've shaped them into blog posts over the next month or so, I'll be in a bit more control...




The Instant Look In A Palette compact is £49 and is available from the  Charlotte Tilbury site and from Charlotte Tilbury makeup counters (eg Selfridges).

The Instant Look In A Palette compact is also available in the colour story Stoned Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment