Wednesday 18 March 2020

Juicy K [reviewing Citrus | 08, by Kayali [Huda Beauty]].

Kayali = Arabic for "my imagination"


A contemporary twist of innovation, CITRUS | 08 subverts olfactory expectations. Sparkling citrus notes of Italian Bergamot and Pink Grapefruit mingle with Rhubarb, Blackcurrant and Pink Pepper. Immaculate floral chords of Rose Centifolia and Rose Damascena from Bulgaria lie at its heart. A lingering veil of Musk, Tonka and mystical Oakmoss grounds the hypnotic scent in nature - Huda's blog.


I really like every Huda Beauty product I have and I'm really into having a nice fragrance collection, so I went into the exploration of the Kayali perfume range with very high expectations and now it's time for me to deliver my opinions...


Musk and pink pepper are both 'I either enjoy it or hate it - no in between' scent notes for me, so they were what was going to make or break this fragrance for me. Fortunately here they are perfectly balanced with the rose for a clean herbal tinge, so they fall on the 'enjoy it' side. I say 'fortunately' not for my wallet,  but because the stars of the show are fantastic and the musk & pepper don't distract from them...

The grapefruit and rhubarb notes are the stars of the stars of the fragrance and liven it up, whilst adding a drop of fresh sourness to Citrus 08, whilst the woody notes gives everything some depth. I don't think that I've ever had a fragrance that uses rhubarb, so this is a unique fragrance in my collection.  

Citrus 08 makes a good all-seasons-all-occasions fragrance, that I've received compliment on. Also; in the description for the newest [Deja Vu 57] fragrance, Kayali say that the number represents the number of trial formulations it took for them to find the balance of notes that they wanted, so I assume that is what the number represents here too.

Official scent notes; Italian Bergamot, grapefruit, rhubarb, blackcurrant, pink pepper, rose Centifolia, rose Damascena, musk, Tonka and oakmoss.

The only downside scent-wise is that this is quite a linear fragrance; though it is part of Huda's Kayali fragrance collection, which is a layering fragrance range, so it intended to be stripped back and uncluttered. The fragrance lasts between 8 and 9 hours on me, and it goes close to the skin quickly. 
Not the greatest juice ever due to the quietness of it, but I still think it is very good for what is intended as a layering fragrance, and for the purity of the scent notes - I can't detect any alcohol or plasticy notes, so it's like I've applied fragrance oils to my my skin. Rhubarb is a new scent note for me



Citrus 08 is available in 50ml bottles for £67 and 100ml bottles for £84, as well as a 10ml in a 4-piece set [Citrus, Elixir, Musk & Vanilla] for £75.
You can buy the fragrances from Feel UniqueCult BeautyBoots [online only] and Selfridges.


No comments:

Post a Comment