Tuesday 21 January 2020

Are they dupes? Amrezy highlighter by Anastasia Beverly Hills, vs Molten Gold FaceStudio Chrome Extreme Highlighter by Maybelline.

In today's edition of 'Are they dupes?' Ill be taking another look at a recently reviewed highlighter and comparing it against a highly rated one, that is no longer available...




I reviewed Maybelline's Molten Gold Chrome Extreme highlighter a short while ago and mentioned that I thought it had the same look as last year's Anastasia Beverley Hills limited edition Amezy highlighter. Well I thought that I'd make a comparison post today,  to see how right (or wrong) my past judgement call really was...

Going of my initial swatch comparison, no, the shades are not dupes; Molten Gold is a bit more outright gold in comparison to Amrezy, which is more of a champagne gold.





Once applied on the skin I fail to see any difference between the two highlights in natural lighting. When I looked through tons of flash photos, I could instantly see that the Maybelline highlighter is still a bit more yellow in tone, so the two highlights are not complete dupes, but even in those intense lighting conditions the shades are very similar.


Whilst the shades aren't 100% matches in all lighting conditions,  the formulas are total dupes; pearly and smooth, not glittery and gritty. They both wear perfectly all day, with barely any fading.





Maybelline's Chrome Extreme highlighters are £8.99, and are available in BootsSuperdrug and some supermarkets & independent chemists that stock Maybelline.

The ABH Amrezy highlighter is no longer available, although as ABH has just released a new Amrezy eyeshadow palette I don't think that another release of the highlighter is out of the question...


No comments:

Post a Comment