Thursday 1 August 2019

My HG; powder bronzer in Tawny, by Anastasia Beverly Hills...

I recently mentioned that ABH's Tawny bronzer is my favourite and I thought that I'd review it today, since I never got round to reviewing it last year when it launched.











I have a fair skintone [I go between the lightest & second lightest shades in foundations] and struggle with bronzer; I have to be very careful with application and blending with them, as bronzers all seem to turn orange on me. I was very keen to try ABH bronzer in the shade Tawny as Stefanie Nicole was wearing it in a video she made reviewing the line. Since I find her opinions honest & valid and she has a similar skintone and type to me, I jumped on the bronzer as soon as it launched in the UK.


At the time, I'd really wanted to find a new bronzer that gave my skin a non-dirty sun-kissed glow, without needing to spend 5 to 10 minutes fussing over my application.

This is the story of me finding that HG product...



Tawny is a soft 'light terracotta brown' shade with a gentle matte finish, that gives a seamless non-orange light bronze dusting to my skin. Tawny must have some red in it's undertone as it leaves a hint of a red glow after application - sounds iffy, but it does mimic how my skin looks when I've been out in the sun, so it makes the shade look natural. The fact that this bronzer has no shimmer, and isn't too out-and-out warm in tone, also makes this nice for using as a contour powder.


In a 3 pattern [forehead, cheekbones & jawline]

I'm enjoying using Tawny enough to say that I'll definitely rebuy it again, despite the price, as I reach for it over my other bronzers,the most when I wear any makeup. It's so much quicker and easier then trying to make my other bronzers work for me - simply sweep on and go, rather then having to use a clean brush to do the extra blending I used to have to do when wearing any other bronzer. The powder is very finely milled, so doesn't cake or empathize dry skin. It doesn't transfer or fade, and it wears all day on me.


In a stripe pattern [diagonal line across cheeks & nose]
Excuse my OTT brows - they get covered by my fringe, so I'm not very neat with them most of the time.



The ABH bronzers are £30 [10g].

They are available through Feel UniqueCult BeautyBeauty Bay and Selfridges

No comments:

Post a Comment