Friday 26 July 2019

Juicy Oranges? The Neon Orange Obsessions eye palette, by Huda Beauty...

The Neon Obsessions collection contains three le eye palettes for summer '19.
Up to now I've reviewed two of them and really enjoyed one palette in this collection, but found the other one skippable, so this one can easily go either way...



The 9-pan Neon Orange Obsessions palette contains six matte shades; mustard, coral, bright peach, magenta, bright orange and bubblegum pink. You also get three shimmers; orange metallic, pink metallic and yellow frost. All nine shades are classed as pressed pigments, not eyeshadows.






I might as well have just copied & pasted my Neon Pink review here; the formulas of these pigments are all fantastic [they apply and wear fantastically well], and I'm loving a palette that doesn't have a ton of shades in it and the streamlined colour story is perfectly coordinated. Such fun and happy shades here, that just scream "summer". This is a palette where I immediately think of a few different colour combinations to try, each time I open it.




The matte coral and magenta shades do both stain my skin lightly, but I don't mind this; the staining isn't long lasting and there hasn't been any irritation to my skin. Speaking of the magenta shade; there is also a magenta shade in the Neon Pink palette, so maybe we could have had a totally new shade? This shade is different [the Neon Pink shade is cooler and leans more towards purple, whilst the Neon Orange one is warmer & more pink-leaning], so it's not a big issue. But still...



When comparing the Neon Obsession palettes, it was immediately obvious that there's more shade variety in the Neon Orange palette and there are the most mattes in it out of all three palettes too - plus the formulas are all great. If you only one palette in the Neon Obsessions range, the Orange is the most versatile and is the one I most highly recommend - though a special mention goes to the Neon Pink, as I think that palette is awesome too. I was slightly disappointed by the Neon Green palette, and think that it is skippable for most people.

The Neon Orange palette is £27 and is available from Cult BeautyFeel Unique and Selfridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment