Monday 12 November 2018

Blinging like a Boss with The Vault and Morphe...



This palette is the one in The Vault collection that I was the most keen on owning, but once I got it I was almost scared of trying it in case I didn't like it, after the backlash against the collection began.


However I've now had a couple of months to try every shade a couple of times, so now my verdict is in. Will I now be joining in the online frenzy against the palettes? So far in my series, I really enjoy one palette in The Vault and dislike the other, so it could go either way... 


Bling Bling (silvery pink glitz), Hush Hush (matte lilac mauve), Gem (vibrant violet sheen), Pizzazz (glistening magenta), Mystic (matte blackberry)

Sparks (matte ruby red), Glitz & Glam (shimmering rose gold), Rockstar (matte mulberry), Ballsy (glistening mauve pink), Berry Treasure (glittering charcoal black)

Three of the matte shades feel a bit dry, but still are very easy to blend out evenly - a major plus with red, lilac and berry shades, so no complaints from me. The shimmer shades are soft and creamy, except for Gem which is pretty dry like the berry mattes, but as that shade is a intense blue-based purple I expected that - but as I said above, all brands struggle with purple, berry and red shadows, so I don't count the dry formulas as a negative point. 


For me the big miss in the Bling Boss palette is the microglitter-n-matte shade Berry Treasure as it is very loose and soft, so has a ton of fall-out. Then once applied and cleaned up okay it fades, creases & transfers - even with a primer that performs well with the other shadows in Bling Boss. The matte shade Mystic can also be a bit of a diva; sometimes it applies and blends fine, but on other times it can cling to skin and patch up quite a bit too. Look at the two demos I use it in; I was going to use other photos, but decided to use these not-very-good ones to give you an honest look as what you're getting with Bling Boss.   



I really enjoy eight out of ten shadows and one is meh-but-usable [Mystic], so there is only one that I don't like in this palette and probably won't use again [Berry Treasure], so I'm happy with Bling Boss - it's not perfect, but for the price it is really nice. Some of the formulas don't feel creamy, but that's a common issue with berry toned shadows, it's not a Morphe/Jaclyn Hill/The Vault only issue.





You can buy the  Bling Boss palette for £15 from Morphe UK.
The complete 4-palette The Vault collection is £49.
[use code JACATTACK to save 10%]


No comments:

Post a Comment