Monday 5 November 2018

Getting lippie: Sweet Tooth by L'Oreal...



I'm back with my third nude liquid lipstick from L'Oreal's Les Chocolats liquid lipsticks line and wasted no time in putting it to the test with all-day wear tests. Will it be third-time lucky, or have I pushed my luck too far?


I'd best describe Sweet Tooth as being an apricot nude shade of matte liquid lipstick, that's pretty similar to Bikini Babe by Huda Beauty once applied to the lips. I've got a fair warmer-side-of-neutral skintone and it's the kind of nude that makes my lips nearly invisible from a short distance. I'm not sure if the look is truly flattering on me, but I'm enjoying it regardless, on days when when I want my eyes to be the focus of a look.

The formula is the same as it is for the previous two shades I reviewed in this line, so forgive how similar it is; the formula is not-too-wet, but not-too-dry, so it applies easily for a liquid lipstick and dries pretty quickly. You get the easy application, strong colour and good staying power of a traditional bullet lipstick, without the drag or the heavy & drying feeling you can get from a bullet lipstick. As a liquid-based formula you get a soft & moisturized feeling and pleasant scent/taste of a gloss, without the sticky and slippy feeling you get from a glossy formula. 

I also want to give a shout-out to tip of the wand; it's a hollow heart shape, so it has a hole in the center which makes it next-to-impossible for formula to gunk up and overload the applicator.

I highly recommend picking up at least one or two shades from the 12-piece Les Chocolats matte liquid lipstick line to people, since all three of the shades I have are consistent in quality - I'm probably going to end up with all of them sooner or later...


The Les Chocolats line of liquid lipsticks are £8.99 each and can be found at; 
AmazonSuperdrug and Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment