Friday 23 November 2018

Is it going on the naughty list? The Naughty eyeshadow palette, by Kylie Cosmetics...

Last November I ordered the complete 'Holiday 2017 Bundle' on the Kylie Cosmetics site [and some highlight  books too, as they weren't included in the 'complete Holiday  bundle - grrrr], so that I could divide it into separate gifts for family and friends. Long story short; my order didn't arrive until January this year, so after giving the other items in the bundle to everyone with a ton of apologies, I tossed this leftover palette into a drawer in annoyance and forgot about it. 
Then a few months ago I was doing one of my palette look-over's [checking if any have gone bad and looking for any shattered pans in them] and came across the neglected Naughty palette, so I put it on top of my dresser so that I'd remember to use it.

Is it a hidden gem that's worth you picking up as a xmas gift, or for you to get party-ready? Should I dump it back in it's drawer and forget about it again?


Snow Ball (matte crisp white), Jingle (metallic shimmering champagne gold), Unwrap Me (matte Burgundy red), Snowflake (metallic platinum silver), Merry Mint (matte white mint), St. Nick (matte vibrant warm red),Hot Toddy (satin chocolate brown gold glitter)

Xmas Kiss (matte soft true orange), Emerald (matte true emerald green), Ho Ho Ho (metallic warm red), Coal (matte cool deepened grey), Mischief (metallic deepened chrome), Tipsy (matte light grey), Glazed (metallic light gold) 
Most of the mattes are actually the best I've used from the brand - soft and easy to blend. Unwrap Me and Emerald feel drier than the others, but that's a common issue with red based and dark green shades from most brands,not just a problem with this brand. With my past Kylie Cosmetic eyeshadow palettes it's been the shimmery/metallic shades that I feel let them down, but here there's only one that I have a little niggle with; Jingle is pretty, but has microglitter that can cause fallout. Totally useable, but it can get messy.

Snow Ball, Jingle and Glazed are thinner than the rest of the shadows; Snow Ball is something I'd only ever use as a base, highlight or mixing shade, so the thinness of that one is not an issue for me - and this is common with all white mattes. Jingle and Glazed are both shimmers and look lovely over a base or foiled, so that issue is also easily solved and using bases and/or foiling shimmery shadows is something I regularly do in real-life anyway. 


The Naughty palette has a fun and unique colour-story and is mostly very good quality formula-wise for the brand, but the price, customs, poor customer service (I had to send 4 emails, because they kept ignoring my repeated question every time they sent a identically worded copy 'n paste reply) and the lengthy processing/delivery time all combine to dampen my enjoyment of the palette; order processing and delivery [America to the UK] usually takes around a fortnight and costs $15, then there's customs + handling charges that will be in the region of £18 for a $44 item = so that's a total of £64 for the palette and at that price point I get very picky and expect everything to be perfect, and this palette isn't quite there for me. 

If you've been really wanting to own a palette from the brand for yourself or as a gift, then Naughty is worth it for uniqueness and being a nice quality. However if you just have a more casual interest, then I strongly recommend that you wait for the Kylie Cosmetics site to have a sale and maybe pick it up then.



You can buy the Naughty eyeshadow palette from the Kylie Cosmetics site for $44.

International shipping is $15, or free when you spend over $60 - but the more you buy, the more customs you pay, so it's swings and roundabouts. 

Order processing and delivery usually takes around a fortnight. 

Customs + Handling will be in the region of £18 for a $44 item.

No comments:

Post a Comment