Sunday 23 September 2018

EOTD; the Kat Von D 10th Anniversary eyeshadow palette...


The Kat Von D 10th Anniversary eyeshadow palette sold out very quickly after it's original launch in May [within a month], but I recently noticed that the Debenhams site have replenished their stock of it - whenever the brand has called something limited edition in the past they've meant it, so I don't know if they've just found an extra case of them in their warehouse, or something.

Anyway; I just wanted to share a recent look I did wearing shadows from this palette and just let people who missed out on the palette the first time know that they've got another chance to pick it up...


This look isn't very fancy or anything; I just wanted to show how some of the shades I've been using the most work together. I started with using Melanie (cream matte) all over the eye as a base and highlight, I then kept the look simple and cool with Sarah (cool greige matte) as my transition, Carolyn (muted teal matte) in the crease and Kelly (brown to blue glimmer duo-chrome) on the lid. 

Kelly is my favourite shade and always makes me think 'peacock', so I couldn't resist adding  Catherine2 (orchid glimmer) to my inner corners to add to the peacock feather feel - I've used the shade a fair few times now and it usually isn't one for fall-out, so I'm going to blame my brush [I couldn't find my usual one, so used a too-large one] and myself for not noticing [obviously I don't wear my glasses when applying makeup 😆].


My thoughts on this palette haven't changed since I got it and first reviewed it; the quality is great, the matte>shimmer ratio is great and the chosen shades run from warm to neutral to cool & every season/holiday. A great palette to have both for one-and-done  looks and to pair with something else.


My swatch pictures, demos and review for the 10th Anniversary eyeshadow palette are here.


You can buy the 10th Anniversary eyeshadow palette on the Debenhams site for £42.

The closest Debenhams store to me that stocks KvD didn't have anything from the 10th Anniversary range left last time I was there [early September] and didn't plan to get a restock, so it seems to be an online only thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment