Thursday 13 September 2018

A closer look at... The Imogenation eyeshadow palette [by Revolution].

A friend works for Superdrug and gave me a Family & Friends Beauty Club card and Revolution is one of the brand's that falls under the 30% off perk, which is just the excuse I needed to continue my exploration into the brand's series of collaboration products - maybe I'm just kidding myself, but the collaboration ranges seem to be of a higher quality compared to their regular lines,  and I feel that since I happen to have so many anyway, I may as well collect them all, bit by bit. I mean, don't we all have a inner collecter,who influences our buying decisions?


Today I want to focus on Revolution's second palette with British YouTuber Imogenation, since I've just dedicated a post to her first Revolution palette - she is behind the Highlight To The Moon face palette that was released at the same time as this one. I really enjoy Highlight To The Moon (I've just  hit pan on one of the powders!), so I have high hopes for her eyeshadow palette too...

[here's my standard disclaimer; I'd never heard of Imogenation before buying this palette, so having a certain name attached to it means nothing to me].






This palette doesn't contain the most exciting range of shades as there are only three different colour families represented more than once and the swatches aren't overly impressive, but the matte shadows are some of the smoothest and most pigmented ones that I've tried by the brand up to now and all apply beautifully - the formula for the collaboration series is really impressive and seems to wow me more each time. The four shades designed as transition ones are softer and more subtle, but that suits what they were created to be used for. The shimmer/metallic shades look and wear great, but do feel a bit dry and chunky - no big deal as they look & wear well, just be aware of the texture when applying them [finger application is best].

The only downside for me is the same as it has been for a few of the brand's eyeshadow palettes that I have (Soph & Beauty Legacy); the duo chrome shade Butterfly is thin and clings to the brush/finger, so takes a fair bit of foiling and building; it looks great when applied satisfactory, but next to the great [for the price] formulas used for else in the palette, the iffy quality does stand out. A shame as that's the most unique shade in the palette. Also; Forever Friend has the same white shift and that has a flaky formula, so does transfer - I like it and have worn it a few times anyway, but yeah, consider using glitter glue with it.

The colour story speaks to me and the great product quality, low price and handy palette layout [with larger pans for the transition shades], combine to make this another winner in Revolution's collaboration series for me. If you are someone who gravitates towards the orange tones or the pinky shades in an eyeshadow palette the vast majority of the time, then the Imogenation palette is a great buy as most of the shades fall under one of those umbrellas - every time I've opened the palette, at least three different looks spring instantly to mind. I do think that people who aren't as 'into' orange tones or pink/berries shades can skip over this palette, as you'll find the colour story a bit restricting to work with, as the shades outside those families are easily dupeable neutrals, that most people with a few palettes already own. 

The Imogenation eyshadow palette costs £10 and can be bought on the  Revolution site and the Superdrug site. It is also sold in Superdrug stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment