Saturday 1 September 2018

Two palettes, one look: Fenty Beauty [Mimosa Sunrise/Sangria Sunset Killawatt Foil duo] and Morphe [the Jaclyn Hill palette].


I've worn the stunning magenta and tangerine shades from the Fenty Mimosa Sunrise/Sangria Sunset Killawatt Foil duo on my eyes a fair few times now, but I tend to just wear the two shades alone rather then overshadowing the shades by pulling in other shadows from elsewhere. 


However the weather over here [the North West of England] has been more overcast and chilly first thing in the morning for a few weeks now, so I now want to take a few of my favourite shades from the Morphe Jaclyn Hill palette, to try to carry the two summery shades from the Killawatt duo into the beginning of the autumn season.


Looking back, Creamsicle and Jacz are two of the shades in the MorphexJaclynHill sub-brand Jaclyn Hill palette that I've use the most, so they were the shades that instantly came to mind  for the crease and transitioning when I started to wonder about how I could carry the Fenty duo into the autumn season. I then used the sheer highlight shade Enlight and then, since the palette was already open, I used the shade Central Park to fill in my barely-there very light brows [I've never had any- when they bounce off the camera flash in demos is the only time that I can see them].

I marked the shades in the palette I used with a *, for those of us with the plain palette and no name-card. 



My review for the Fenty Beauty duo is here and my review of the Jaclyn Hill palette is here.



The Fenty Beauty Mimosa Sunrise/Sangria Sunset Killawatt Foil duo compact is £28 from Harvey Nichols - either instore or through the site.

The Jaclyn Hill palette is £37 on Morphe UK  or Cult Beauty.
[Beauty Bay no longer sell Morphe]

No comments:

Post a Comment