Wednesday 5 September 2018

We were Born To Run (with Urban Decay)...

Hello Urban Decay, it's been a while since I've been excited to see you. You see, your move from fun and out-the-box to Naked and safe with the same style of Christmas palettes much of the time, has been boringly uninspiring to the point that I stopped paying attention to you.
However, we do have a long history together, so I'm back again, to see if the spark is still there...




BREAKAWAY (warm ivory shimmer), STRANDED (pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer), BLAZE (light metallic peach with pink shift), WEEKENDER (light neutral beige matte), STILL SHOT (matte peach), RIFF (brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle), GOOD AS GONE (deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer) 

HELL RIDE (deep fuchsia matte), BAJA (burnt orange matte), ACCELERATE (reddish copper metallic), GUILT TRIP (smoky purple shimmer), IGNITE (rose gold metallic), SMOG (deep coppery bronze shimmer), WANDERLUST (forest green with gold micro-shimmer)

WILDHEART (bright fuchsia), PUNK (red-brown matte), DOUBLE LIFE (metallic rust), JET (black with deep shimmering purple shift), DRIFT (charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle), RADIO (sapphire satin), BIG SKY (frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle). 

Born To Run is designed as a one-and-done palette, that is theoretically perfect for taking with you whilst traveling. It does what it's designed for well; there are highlight shades, sparkly lid shades, a variety of crease and transition shades and dark lining shades for most occasions. There are neutral shades, warm shades & cool shades, conservative work/school shades, fun weekend/free time pop-of-colour shades, smoky date night/special occasion shades and bold party-time impactful tones [I don't know why I broke the shades into groups, I wear whatever I'm feeling at the time], this palette offers it all. Very cohesive.



Ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make; buttery smooth to apply and to blend. All of the shadows are non-fading and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning [no primer] and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. The shimmer shades have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a big deal for me but I still thought I'd mention it. Fallout in shadows doesn't really bother me as I do my eyes before my base - all pigmented & softer shadows have fallout, so I do think that all good-quality shadows should kick-up a bit.


I can't fault the product quality or thought that went into putting this palette together. However, on the 'personal preference' side of things, I would have liked there to have been more cooler tones in place of the extremely popular warm shades we've seen before elsewhere, and some of the proposed cool shades should have been mattes - Urban Decay make shimmers that wear well in the crease, but still... It just seems like a bit of a waste to have gorgeous cool satin & shimmer shades, but not balancing them out with coordinating mattes. One quick word of caution; if you have a few of Urban Decay's Book Of Shadows and/or Vice palettes, I think you'll already have similar shades to the ones in Born To Run palette, so you may want to swatch this in person before buying it.



The Born To Run eyeshadow palette costs £39.50 and can be found at Urban DecayDebenhams and Feel Unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment