Sunday 9 September 2018

A closer look at... the Highlight To The Moon face palette [by Revolution]...

After finding Revolution's Beauty Legacy palette and deciding that I really like an multi-use palette to simplify my everyday routine, I went back to their site to look at their other face palettes to look at their other options...


Revolution's highlighters are one of the products that I think that the brand does best, so it's no surprise that Highlight To The Moon is the palette that I zeroed in one.


 Is it just as handy as Beauty Legacy, or is it a impulse-buy too far?

Pretty Heart  [translucent powder],  My Gyal (my girl) [banana powder],  Cayooott (cute)  [peach based  powder] 

Literally - contour 1  Warrior - contour 2  Can't Deal - contour 3 

Limited Edition highlight - platinum,  Angelface highlight - silver, gold, champagne & blush 

Slay My Life [left side] - rose gold, Slay My life [right side] - champagne gold, Slay My Life [mix of both sides]

The three powders on the top row are great for dry skin; they are very fine, so set foundation and concealer without mattifying everything. Pretty Face is great to use all over the face, whilst the pale yellow undertones to My Gyal make it perfect for a brightening undereye setting powder. I've not used Cayooott as a part of my everyday routine yet - it is meant for helping to correct deep undereye shadows, and I don't feel as though mine have been too bad recently.You can see below that the two undereye powders aren'trichly pigmented,so don't worry about them tinting the concealer.


The first contour is great for my fair skintone, as it's soft and not very cool, but also not outwardly warm. The second contour powder looks fair and cool in the pan, but has more pigmentation compared to contour 1, so it applies a bit warmer on my fair-with-yellow-undertones skintone, making it a good bronzer for me. I've found that the third contour shade is really good as a brow shade for my colouring.


 Revolution's highlights are just brilliant, nothing much to add here;  They apply well, don't bleed shimmer/glitter and wear all day. Angelface doesn't look wildly different from Slay My Life on my skintone, but the shade is pretty anyway. No real criticisms here.




I use the Highlight To The Moon palette every time I apply makeup as it does so much; Pretty Face, My Gyal and Can't Deal are now part of my everyday routine. I'm not one for contouring and/or bronzing on an everyday basis, but I have started getting into it more now that I have such easy-to-wear shades. Those highlighters? Despite the similar tones, I'd happily pay £10 just for them, so for a six-in-one palette the price is a real bargain. 
The Highlight To The Moon face palette is only £10 and can be bought on the Revolution site and the Superdrug site. It can also be found in Superdrug stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment