Monday 1 October 2018

Is the Revolution Haunted Lights highlighter a trick or a treat?

I've outlined the tough things that have gone on in my life over the past year before [here and here]; one of the things that these stresses have caused is me relapsing with nail biting, so no China Glaze or indie Halloween reviews this year - it's a real shame that I'm struggling to break the habit, as there are loads of cool collections this year.

However Revolution have come up trumps with some cool Halloween cosmetic items, including the item that I wanted to get last year, but it sold out before I could get it... Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Haunted Lights highlighter.



Haunted Lights is a icy pearl shade, with subtle green flashes. If you like Flash Me! in the Kiss Of Fire palette, then you'll really enjoy this as they are similar [the green flashes are more intense here].

It does have a fair bit of kick-up, but still applies and wears very well. It applies with no drag or patchiness, the base doesn't outlive the sparkle and the microglitter doesn't migrate over the face. I've worn it both with and without a setting spray, and it wears well all day either way [8+ hours].

you do need to be careful with application; sometimes the shimmer doesn't blend seamlessly into the skin, in which case I'll need to sweep a powder brush over the highlighter to wipe it away - I think that this is okay for a £4 item in a more unique shade, but yeah, it's not perfect.

The Haunted Lights highlighter is £4 and can be bought on the Revolution site and the Superdrug site. Larger Superdrug stores also stock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment