Wednesday 7 October 2015

NOTD: Crystal Lake by Pretty Serious...

Pretty Serious is an Australian Indie polish brand, and I think that the three-piece Killer Fangirls collection was introduced in Halloween 2013. 

Pretty Serious wanted to separate themselves from larger polish companies by making their various holiday collections available for people to buy for longer, and as this particular collection was inspired by the founder's (Kaz) love of horror movies and has proved so popular with customers, it's still in production today.


Now that I've gotten the introduction out of the way, let's jump into the reason you're here - that lovely sparkly blue polish that was the first ever Pretty Serious polish to go into my shopping basket. Today we're going to Crystal Lake, inspired by Friday 13th...

Crystal Lake has a bright blue jelly base, that is packed with varying sizes and shades of blue hex glitters. Some of the glitter is iridescent so flashes blue, green, and silver depending on the light source.


The glitter is just insane. there is so much silver glitter packed in the base that the polish is opaque in two coats, and the spattering of the iridescent glitter particles are evenly distributed, every single time. It looks like my nails have been wrapped in foil - I can't stop staring at my hands whenever I wear it. Despite the heavy amounts of glitter this polish is easy to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks and I was impressed with the drying time. Being a glitter bomb it does take a little bit more effort to remove, so using a peel-off base coat is something that I recommend.
This polish will last me around two days with only minimal wear, so less then the Pretty Serious non-glittery shades. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is for other people.

Sorry about the photo quality. The glitter is so reflective that my camera was all "ain't got time for that". I thought I'd painted my nails neatly enough to not need a clean-up, but macro is very unforgiving.

***

Crystal Lake can be ordered here for £4.62. 
Delivery is $28 Aus dollars, which is just over £14, so order at least three polishes at a time. Delivery took five days once the parcel was dispatched from Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment