Wednesday 21 March 2018

Feeling on top of it with The Sassy One, by Pretty Little Palettes...


Today I'm going to be sharing my thoughts and a few demos from another eyeshadow palette from indie brand Pretty Little Palettes, and this time I'm going into... neutral territory [gasp].

I haven't bought a neutral palette for... I'm not sure - the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette [I gave it away as I didn't use it very often] was the last one, I think, as I need more pops of colour in palettes, for them to be able to hold my interest. With that in mind, lets see whatc [if anything] The Sassy One can do for me...



The sassy one eyeshadow palette has eight powder eyeshadows, in three different finishes. Having hooded eyes I love the ratio of the finishes; one satin highlight, five mattes and two metallics - this palette has more matte shades than the brand's other two palettes AND there is no microglitter. 

The Sassy One is the perfect eyeshadow palette to leave out on your dresser to grab in the mornings, to whip up 'everyday' work appropriate looks as well as brighter looks with more 'oomph' and combining with less practical palettes to make them more workable...


LOL [white satin], Nah [peach matte], Never [nectarine matte], Seriously Tho [copper metallic]
Bitch [taupe matte], Physically [warm light brown matte], Bad One [;champagne-toned gold metallic], K [neutral medium brown matte]



I really like the mattes in the other palettes from the brand, but the ones in The Sassy One palette are on another level; buttery smooth, mega easy to blend, great to mix together to create new shades and they have next to no fallout. The metallic shades feel exactly like the mattes do formula-wise, and the sheer satin shade works great a a base and brow/tearduct highlight.

All of the shadows are non-fading, and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning [no primer] and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. 


The metallic shades Seriously Tho and Bad One have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a dealbreaker for me but I still thought I'd mention it. Fallout in shadows doesn't really bother me as I do my eyes before my base - all pigmented & softer shadows have fallout.

As you can tell from the swatch, the shade K doesn't apply as deep as it appears in it's pan - again this isn't something that bothers me as I'm not very keen on working with deep eyeshadow shades, but if you are looking for a richly deep brown shade, then this isn't it.


The selection of shades and finishes is very complimentary and easy to wear, so you don't spend ages trying to mentally group together shades to wear - plus peachy tones are some of my favourite shadows shades, so getting two in this palette makes sure that I keep returning to it. I recommend checking this palette out - such a reasonable price for the quality, and I think that the shades will look good on everyone regardless of age or skintone.


You should follow Pretty Little Palettes on Instagram, as they have had several flash sales on their products over the month that I've been following them (I've now picked up the other two eyeshadow palettes for review in the coming weeks/months on another buy-one-get-one-free deal). 

You can order The Sassy One  eyeshadow palette through the Pretty Little Palettes site for £24 [£3.50 p&p]. 

Order processing took one day, then delivery took three working days.

No comments:

Post a Comment