Friday 5 April 2024

Cocoa: The Gathering [reviewing Tease Cocoa Soirée edp, by Victoria's Secret]

 Indulge your desires

 Tease Cocoa Soiree opens with the alluring vibrancy of lush wildberry.

The ripe fruit blend mixes with delicate freesia petals, adding a bright floral quality. Finally, a whipped mocha creates the most irresistibly tempting gourmand base.

I've mentioned before that I don't keep up with Victoria's Secret qfragrance launches closely, because the difference in the launch dates between America & the UK tend to be lengthy and they don't bother announcing the launches again when they do eventually come over here. 

I happened to see a in-store poster for Cocoa Soiree when I was in a Victoraia's Secret store last month, but there where no bottles left apart from the tester, which I  instantly fell for. I revisited  the store a week later in hopes of a restock, but still nothing. However the SA searched through all of the drawers in the beauty hall for me and found a single bottle, so I got my fix.

Seeing that Cocoa Soiree is still available to buy on the Victoria's Secret website today, I thought that I'd give it a little spotlight...

 


To me the combination of raspberry, a more subtle blackberry, and the longwearing dark cocoa are very reminiscent of chocolate covered strawberries. 

These long scent notes are accompanied by Chantilly cream, vanilla, a touch of expresso and powdered florals - I get the freesia, with maybe peony and rose? 

I don't pick up on any major changes between the heart and base of the perfume, except some musk & sandalwood as the fragrance begins to dry down.

Official key scent notes: wildberries, freesia & whipped mocha.


Cocoa Soirée has the potential to become one of my favourite cold-weatiher perfumes this upcoming autumn & winter season; it is warming and cozy. Although I'm wearing it happily as we head into warmer & brighter weather, as the soft florals & airy cream keep the fruit, cocoa and expresso from being too heavy.

The only downside for me is the longevity for Cocoa Soiree; it lasts for around 5 to 6 hours on me, which is disappointing for a perfume in this price range. It hasn't put me off recommending Cocoa Soiree, but is does lessen my enjoyment of it a teensy bit.


In the Trafford Centre store I bought the last bottle in stock [50ml] for £45. 

After looking online, I see that a 100ml bottle is also available for £69, and body lotion for £22.

No comments:

Post a Comment