Thursday 25 April 2024

Speedy review: Bombshell Intense edp, by Victoria's Secret...

 A provocative sister to Bombshell, America's No. 1 Fragrance... 

 

Inspired by the perfect red, Bombshell Intense embodies all the colour implies. Lush Cherry, creamy and bright. Velvety Red Peony for a rich, saturated take on Bombshell's signature, petally floral.

Sultry Vanilla wraps the fragrance in decadent warmth for a powerful finish.

I've recently bought my second bottle of Bombshell Intense and have realised that I've never reviewed it on the blog before. Since it is still readily available both in-store and online and I enjoy it enough to be on my second bottle, I wanted to give it a shout-out.

If you have been looking for a fragrance with a deliciously realistic cherry, then please read on...

 


Bombshell Intense is composed around a lovely blend of the key notes of cherry, peony and vanilla, which remains the focus throughout the weartime. This does make the fragrance rather linear,  but I adore cherry in perfume so I don't mind. I don't get anything that reminds me strongly of the original Bombshell in this blend.

There's a squeeze of sweet citrus in the top to highlight the sharp freshness in the cherry and there is jasmine, rose & Ylang-Ylang in the heart to boost the sweetness of the soft vanilla & the peony, plus to add a slightly powdery background. The base adds sandalwood to add creaminess to the vanilla, as well as including a sprinkling of patchouli to heat up the fragrance and add a teensy sense of roughness to the fragrance. 

The longevity and aura are both moderate on me; not great, but not bad either. Around six to seven hours on skin, a full day on fabric. It carries a good arm-length around you, so is noticeable to other people but not too loud.


You can buy Bombshell Intense in-store and online

50ml - £45
100ml - £59
[250ml fragrance mist & body lotion are also available for £22 each]

No comments:

Post a Comment