Sunday 7 April 2024

The great bake off.. [reviewing Easy Bake edp, by Huda Beauty]

 Bold, extremely sensual, and delicious, we took the iconic fragrance from our Easy Bake Loose Setting Powder and bottled it!

Capturing the seductive, creamy floral bouquet from our cult-fave powder, our limited-edition Easy Bake Eau de Parfum is a signature perfume that leaves an irresistible scent trail wherever you go.

Bursting with juicy pear, this sexy opening develops into a heart of an iconic tuberoseli infusion. A sensual base of vanilla & amber creates a powerfully irresistible fragrance with the staying power of our O.G. loose powder!


Today we're taking a dip into another perfume that I had no idea was in the works, until I just happened to randomly stumble across an online announcement about it being available. As it is labelled as there only being a limited amount available, I'm guessing then when it's sold out it's not coming back, so I wanted to get my review up ASAP to hopefully help people make their minds on if they want it or not. 

It's certainly not a secret that I really enjoy enjoy Kayali fragrances and since Kayali is attached to Huda Beauty & Huds's sister is the CEO for Kayali,  I was instantly curious about just how well Huda can do in comparison - my bench mark is set high.

Needless to say; I couldn't resist making a purchase...



Even though the coconut isn't highlighted as being one of the key notes [pear, ylang ylang, tuberose, vanilla & sugared amber], imo it is the creamy coconut in Easy Bake that is the strongest note on me - it is quick to develop and it lasts for the whole wear of the fragrance, so how much you enjoy coconut cream is going to shape how much you enjoy Easy Bake. I love coconut cream/milk so I knew immediately that I was going to really enjoy this...

Ylang ylang is richly creamy & sweet on me, so it partners with the longwearing coconut beautifully - so dedicant. The sweet-but-fresh pear develops alongside the ylang ylang, so there is something to add a touch of airy freshness that prevents the full-bodied creamy sweetness from becoming too much. I also get a very qentle breeze of soft peach.

The ylang ylang soon blends away into the equally sweet and creamy tuberose & jasmine. The listed gardenia & heliotrope are noticeable too. Orchids in perfume tend to vanilla-infused and powdery, so any additional orchid is lost on me - though maybe the hints of I'd been thinking is rose is actually orchid? The vanilla & a,mber provide a backdrop to the florals, reinforcing the smooth coconut cream.

As the florals become quieter, the dreamwood [sugared sandalwood] boosts the comforting & relaxed sensations of the blend of coconut cream, vanilla and amber. I don't detect anything that I'd identify as being tne perfumery world's ideal moss accord, instead I get a sense of baking bread - I'm not complaining, as it gives the fragrance a cozy feel and definitely suits the name. 

Offical list of scent notes:  Pear, Gardenia, Jasmine, Orchid, Heliotrope, Ylang-Ylang, Tuberose, Madagascar Vanilla, Sugar, Dreamwood, Amber, Moss and Coconut.


Yes, yes, yes. Easy Bake is picking up the slack left from Utopia - a Kayali fragrance that I do love, but where I find the longevity too poor to justify spending the large amount of money to replace my empty bottle on.

It wears somewhere around the 7 to 8 hour range and has a moderate aura for the majority of that time. Perfectly respectable, but not much against the impressive longevity of my favourite Kayali fragrances - but since this Huda Beauty edp is more affordable in comparison to Kayali, I can let this niggle pass me by. The bottle for Easy Bake is smooth & thick glass and it has a snuggly fitting lid; a good quality one that is easy to grip & spray, but it does look basic and boring - a complete mismatch for the fragrance & juice quality, but again being more affordable in comparison to Kayali excuses this for me.or

I've never tried Easy Bake setting powder, so can't compare the fragrances: between gifts & loads of samples I've collected, my skin is too dry for me to then justify going and spending much on powder,  since I rarely use it anywhere other than setting undereye concealer. 


Easy Bake is limited edition and exclusive to the Huda Beauty site. 50ml is currently the only size available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment