Tuesday 16 April 2024

Getting lippy: That's Swell XXXL Extreme Lip Plumper, by Barry M.

Dare to turn up the heat with Barry M's That's Swell XXXL in Flames! Formulated for intense, extra-hot, plumped lips... can you handle the heat?

Caution... extra hot! Turn up the temperature with That’s Swell XXXL Extreme Lip Plumper! Infused with Sichuan Pepper and Ginger Root Extracts to stimulate your lips natural collagen for an off the scale, maximum volume plumping effect! The only question is: can you handle the heat? Warning: Contains tingling sensation to plump lips! 

I'm a fan of lip plumping glosses - I've never noticed any real plumping results [except for one], but I love the tingling/faint burn sensation they have on the lips. Therefore when I stumbled across this when looking for the NYX Duck Pout glosses, I had to give it a go....



That's Swell XXXL feels very nourishing on the lips, it is non-sticky, comes in a universal & what looks like a screaming orange/red in the tube, Flames is actually a highly wearable sheer shade with a touch of iridescence - it is the only shade that it comes in so far. The formula contains sichuan pepper & ginger root to stimulate the collagen and increase the blood circulation to lips = a bit of genuine added plumpness.

I've used many different versions of lip plumping glosses over 25+ years and up until now, only one [Too Faced Lip Injection: Maximum Plump] has ever provided visual results. In my opinion XXXL has produced equal results to Lip Injection: Maximum Plump when it comes to added plumpness to my lips - admittedly nothing dramatic that would rival Angelina Jolie [I wish], but I have an almost invisible top lip, so every bit helps and gives me a bit more confidence as my face changes as I age.


The only downside is that this has the most intensive tingle I've ever experienced - it doesn't bother me very much, but someone newer to the world of lip plumpers will find this maximum formulation of That's Swell unpleasant. 

The best part is that a tube of this is £5, whilst a tube of my previous favourite plumper Lip Injection: Maximum Plump is £26, so yeah, thumbs up all around for XXXL...




I bought my tube from Superdrug [I bought it from the app - I don't know if it is sold in store or not].

You can also buy it from the Barry M site.

No comments:

Post a Comment