Friday 15 March 2024

Is it from another galaxy? [reviewing Cosmic edp, by Kylie Cosmetics]

A magnetic, skin-inspired scent that smells out of this world.

cosmic kylie jenner is a sweet, warm floral, elevated scent that is perfect for day and night. an ambery floral eau de parfum, the scent is magnetic, addictive, and out of this world. 

the sculptural bottle was designed to look like a piece of art from another world and is formed to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. 


Oops a daisy; I was just browsing social media to cheer myself up with cute animal videos and I stumbled across the announcement that the first perfume from Kylie Cosmetics was now available, so I went to the brand site just to read more information about the fragrance, but then I somehow ended up buying a bottle.

 I'd not known that kylie cosmetics was going to be launching a perfume, but reading the description & key scent notes brings Fame to mind, which is a perfume I've been enjoying immensely. Plus i vaguely remember a kkw fragrance & kylie collection and the fragrance in it that interested me the most had similar key scent notes, so since I never got that one & my enjoyment of Fame, I couldn't resist trying cosmic...


I've come to really appreciate the scent of jasmine, so I really enjoy the clean accord here, that lasts throughout cosmic's weartime. The blood orange is very authentic and pairs with the jasmine very nicely. The peony is soft and difficult to separate from the jasmine and blood orange; it gives a hint of peppery spice & heat to the fragrance, but the jasmine is the only clear floral note in the fragrance. 

The amber and vanilla enveloped musk lend a undertone of coconing warmth and creaminess - sometimes I can pick up on a pinch of salted Caramel. The cedarwood is slow to develop and remains really subtle on me.

 cosmic wears for around the six to seven hour range on skin, not especially great but not terribly bad either - applied to clothing, I'll get occasional hints over 24 hours later. as it's described as being designed as something skin-like i can't complain about it not having a large aura.

official key scent notes: star jasmine, blood orange, golden amber accord, red peony accord, vanilla musk accord and cedarwood.

 

My impulsive blind buy of Cosmic was exactly what I'd been hoping for; while it's not an outright dupe for Fame, the uncluttered composition is reminiscent & more affordable = yay. Cosmic is extremely easy to wear for all ages & seasons and it is not irritating to other people. A very pleasant fragrance, but I don't think that the name suits it; I feel that 'cosmic' sounds heavy, young and gaudy, whilst the fragrance is light, ageless, and has a understated appeal. I'm 40 and don't feel like mutton dressed as lamb - this is a perfume that I honestly do think will work for everyone.

You can see how much of my bottle has been used already;both younger & older family members and friends have all been trying it, and all have liked it. I most likely will buy a refill bottle when my original bottle is empty & the brand has a money-off offer or other tempting promotion on ‐ not only is it enjoyable on  it's own, but it is also perfect for layering [sparkling Lychee, Juicy Apple & God Is A Woman are all fabulous layering combinations I've come across].

Also; Making the bottle refillable is both sustainable and cost-effective  - if you purchased a 30ml or 50ml bottle originally, then a single refill bottle will last you between what 3 and 5 regular replacement bottles would have costn. shaping it to ensure that it easy & comfortable to grip is a really nice feature; many low-mid tier brands try to make their fragrances stand out from the crowd with eyecatching bottle designs, which are awkward & almost painful to hold and push the nozzle for - I'm looking at my bottles of Eilish & Ari as I type this...


[At the time of beginning to write notea for my review] the Kylie Cosmetics site is currently the only place that you can buy Cosmic. 

10 ml perfume pen; £19

30ml bottle; £34

50ml bottle; £43

100ml bottle; £55

150ml refill bottle; £55




No comments:

Post a Comment